Monday, September 8, 2014

Last Few Days of Summer

Hello sweet friends.  It has been a fun and happy weekend.  My hubby and I spent the weekend at my sister-in-laws home at the Jersey Shore.  And thank goodness that we did because we had some terribly hot and humid days around these parts.  Weather has been a little different this summer.  Not too many hot summer days.  Maybe summer will stick around a little longer.  And who am I to argue with that right???

We love to walk around this very historic beach town called Allenhurst.  It is barely 0.283 square miles.  There are many grand and historic homes in this little town.  Most of them built during the 19th and early 20th centuries.  Many of the homes are in the Victorian, Queen Anne, Italian Renaissance and Colonial styles.  All breathtaking. 

I love to walk around this gorgeous town and imagine myself living in one of these grand old homes. I often wonder about the people that lived in these homes and the memories they created.

And it was such a great idea to spend the weekend by the ocean.  I know it's kind of funny to say but it was as if the ocean breezes were giving a great big hug.  There is something so relaxing and comforting about walking on a pristine beach and dipping your toes in the sand.  Add the peaceful sounds of the waves and the seagulls and you have the perfect combination to clean ones soul.  I feel totally refreshed and revitalized. 

I am happy to share a few pics from beach getaway this weekend.  I hope it relaxes you too.....
















































































 Have a beautiful and amazing week sweet friends.

Thank you for your visit today.  

Janet





17 comments:

  1. Oh how nice it was to visit there with you, Janet! I haven't been able to get away at all this summer to do much more than weddings, funerals, baptisms, birthdays and illnesses. Seriously. All kinda "responsibility things."

    I so yearn for the sound of waves and to relax with a book in the shade!

    I love your hair, btw. And those houses - just WOW, can you imagine a wrap around pillar portico like that one? NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy images from a lovely summer break. The first photo is my favourite and yes, your hair is super!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to end the summer! Amazing houses! And your look lovely, especially on the boardwalk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like that area would be beautiful any time of year! What a gorgeous day you had! You are pretty gorgeous yourself...love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the perfect way to refresh and relax. Love those beautiful homes, too. I would do the same thing, imagine I was living there! I like the last picture of you esp., with your cute haircut and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to refresh and renew, Janet! The beach looks so peaceful. I bet it was not so free of people just a couple of weeks ago before school started. You picked a wonderful time to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful get-a-way! Your photos are beautiful! Glad you enjoy this relaxing time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ocean breeze looks nice! I love the bikes too!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet! So lovely to SEE YOU! I believe we've crossed paths before! Give me the ocean any time, anywhere! Those homes on the shore, what a gift to have the means to enjoy such a place! But the sound of the sea, that's for anybody to enjoy.

    Are ya loving these last days of summer? I went back to teach about a week earlier than normal, and I'm in my third week of teaching. The wind is here, the temps cooler, and it's time for sweaters now.

    Thank you kindly for coming to visit and leaving a comment! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear Janet, these are truly very beautiful photographs, so relaxing ... the Ocean is majestic and it looks even more blue than the Mediterranean which I'm accustomed to, our waters are clearer, maybe because our sea is less deep.
    And those buildings, so graceful and elegant, I wonder what a lovely view from their windows ...!
    Thank you so very much for your pictures and words, I hope your soul is going to get better quite soon, take care
    With love
    xoxo
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful!!! My husband and I spent the Labor Day week in Ocean City, NJ. Love being at the beach when it's not crowded.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to spend such a glorious weekend! Allenhurst is just beautiful. I think hubby and I need to take a drive over. Have a wonderful day!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful way to say farewell to summer. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Bog Hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures of a lovely area. There is so much more to the Jersey shore than people see on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Yes, The Jersey Shore is a very beautiful and charming place unlike the way the TV shows has made it out to be.

      Janet

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete