Friday, September 12, 2014

Favorite Things - Makeup Brush Holder

Hello to you all.  It is finally Friday and the weekend is starting off beautifully.  The sky is sunny and bright with the perfect temperatures to match.  And I am looking forward the annual neighborhood garage sale tomorrow that I hope surprises me with a treasure or two.  It is so much fun to hunt for treasures isn't it..

I have been working on re-organizing a few of the closets around the house.  Little projects to eliminate the unnecessary and to simplify life a bit.  One of the rooms that I started with was my master bathroom.  Going through my makeup cabinet checking for old items and wiping down all the makeup containers and drawers in which they are stored.

As you all know, I am a lover and collector of vintage china, but I am equally passionate about makeup.  So my makeup and accessories get treated with equal importance and care.  

One on my issues had been storing my makeup brushes.  I am not a fan of dumping everything in a drawer.  Especially makeup brushes because they can get damaged, dirty and it is not very practical to have to search in a black hole when rushing to get ready in the morning. Searching for an inexpensive and useful piece to store my treasured brushes, I came across a Rotating Desk Organizer at Home Goods that seemed perfect for the job. And it was only $9.99 investment so I brought it home to give it a try.   

After filling the container with my most frequently used makeup brushes, it was instant gratification. Why didn't I think of this before???  It is so functional.  And did I mention rotating.  It is the ultimate way to keep my makeup brushes stored.  And my brush caddy is kept inside a cabinet which keeps them free of dust also.

Final Thoughts

There are numerous reasons why I consider this container a favorite.  For one, easy access to my brushes.  Secondly, it keeps my brushes neatly stored and protected.  Lastly, it was inexpensive.   This is also perfect for lips and eye pencils, lip glosses and hair brushes too.  But the possibilities are endless.















  



I hope you find this idea useful.  Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I am so glad you came.

Have a great weekend.

Fondly,

Janet

12 comments:

  1. That is so nice and I can see many more possibilites for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I have a brush caddy; but, it doesn't rotate. Never thought of this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip! I use a jar filled with little crystals for small brushes but never had a good solution for big brushes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea Janet. And I spy that beautiful YSL lipstick. I've never tried it, but think I should just for the case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that brush organizer. and I also love the little china saucer! I use my grandma's old china in my bathroom like that and I use a large crystal jar for the brushes, but I really like the shape of your holder. I may go on the hunt for one like it ... any excuse to go to Home Goods! PS... you have a lovely bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes them all very handy! Great idea.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for brushes and easy to do for sure.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! I don't think I'd have room for something this size in the area I do my makeup but it's so cute and cleaver. BTW, found you through agapelovedesigns :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your brush holder. Great idea!
    Hi, I am your newest follower from blog hop and following you via Facebook and GFC.
    Feel free to visit, follow and leave comments @ www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    Stay in touch!
    Love
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's truly a great idea, to take them in order and to find them easily !
    And it's really so adorable, perfect styled for every kind of taste .. your creativity always amaze me !
    With much admiration and love
    xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's quite lovely! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete