Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Charming Afternoon Tea

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I spent most of it cleaning and going through my fall decorations planning our homes transition from summer to autumn.

It is always a good idea to do a little inventory before starting any decorating project.  It just keeps the process simple and much more enjoyable. 

I also took a little time for afternoon tea.  It was extra special because I was enjoying a cup of the very delicate and aromatic Rose Tea made by Fauchon of Paris.  So elegant and perfectly feminine that it actually inspired this charming setting for afternoon tea.

Roses in a delicate hue of pink and fuchsia add romance and grace to the table.  A French portrait adds beauty and timeless elegance.  And antique linens and silver add a nostalgic appeal.








Pearls are always a most on my table...This absolutely breathtaking runner was a gift from a sweet friend. 







These tea cups weere a recent purchase from Home Goods.  So so beautiful.



Take a look at the inside.  It has a built in stainer.  Isn't that just perfect?










 




Fauchon Rose Tea from Paris.  What a special treat.









I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  It is always such a pleasure to share inspiring photos with you all.  Thank you for visiting me.   Your comments always make me smile.

Hugs,

Janet 


17 comments:

  1. What an elegant tea! I love the flowers and the pretty infuser cups. A lovely tone poem!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed a charming afternoon tea with beautiful romantic table linen, pretty new teacups and..... delicious rose tea, and I know because I had this rose tea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose Tea sounds good, and your cups are pretty! The bouquet of Roses are pretty also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet que lindo tienes todo siempre... eres una romántica de corazón. Me encanta visitarte. ... ya se que extrañas a tu perrito, pero ojala que los hermosos días otoñales te traigan alegría sin par…

    Un fuerte abrazo mi querida amiga.

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, your tea setting is lovely and the roses look fabulous in their silver container. I have those same napkin rings; love them! I really like the runner too; so very feminine. Thanks for sharing with us and have a splendid week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...afternoon tea sounds so good! Everything looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, What a lovely and vintage tea party I just loved your table settings! Your love for afternoon tea is just what I also enjoy! Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed visiting your lovely tea party. I have just sat down to afternoon tea myself, all the better to enjoy your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, this looks lovely. Those teacups are so nice for either straining tea from a pot or making one cup of loose tea. And that tea looks so elegant. Beautiful lace runner from your friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... Just charming, my dear Janet ?
    I'd say fabulous, wonderful, gorgeous and ... I could go on and on !!
    Thank you so much for sharing such beauty !
    Have a wonder-filled day
    With much love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful Janet! You have such lovely china and silver pieces in your collections. I love the vase the gorgeous roses are in!!!
    I love the pretty settings for tea you share with us all.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, a lovely setting♥ I would enjoy tea with you my friend. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely luxury. So pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely charming! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet, you always set a beautiful table! Gorgeous roses and I love the addition of the pearls! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charming and elegant! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete