Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fun Weekend at Glen Mills, PA

Hello to you all.  It has been such a lovely weekend.  The weather lately has been perfect.  Sunny, warm and low humidity.  Perfect for spending time outdoors.  And with summer almost at its end, I am committed to spending the rest of my weekends acting like a tourist at destinations near me.  

I has been lots of fun for my hubby and me.  We have discovered lots of great new restaurants, hidden gems and most importantly, that we can still have an amazing time together after almost thirty years of marriage. Life is wonderful.  We have laughed, been silly at times and enjoyed plenty of long walks and conversations this summer and it feels pretty great.  So please forgive me if I have been absent lately.  We will have fall and winter which will allow us to catch up with blogland.  It is always wonderful to see what you all are working on.  You all share so much beauty and creative ideas and often inspire me in so many ways.  It makes me so happy to have found you all.

Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite places to visit.  It is called Terrain in Glen Mills, PA.  It is truly an amazing garden center/ home store which also hosts the most incredible weddings with a relaxed and fun atmosphere.  And a restaurant that rivals any high end restaurant that receives the most coverage across the foodie community.  I cannot help but be inspired every time I visit.  I just love its charming rustic appeal. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I am so glad that you came.  I do hope that you enjoy the tour of this spectacular store.






























































































Taking a much needed break.






My sweet hubby





Enjoy the rest of your summer sweet friends.

Hugs,

Janet


19 comments:

  1. You were in my neighborhood....kinda! I live in Avondale which is right down Rt. 1. I go to Terrain alot (whenever I am at Home Goods across the street!!! Glad you are enjoying your summer. We are too and you are right, this weather has been PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that something Pinky. I love to visit that area often during the warm summer months. I also enjoy visiting Longwood Gardens and the mansions near by. I always make a stop at that that Home Goods too. I have found some pretty nice items there and I like to stop at the antique centers nearby. You live in a very pretty area. We are making the most of our summer since fall in not too far away.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by today Pinky. Enjoy the rest of your summer too... PS Terrain is having cooking events with the Beekman Brothers and tablescape demonstrations this weekend too. I might head that way again...

      Janet

      Delete
  2. omg!!!!! ein paradies!!! sooo viele schöne möbel!!! ich will sie ALLE!!! angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is my kind of place!! I need to check it out...I'm sure it's a doable day trip for us.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary Alice.

      I hope that you do get to visit this amazing store. It is definitely a must if you are nearby. Thanks for visiting me.

      Have a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. How delightful to start my morning with a visit to your blog! That mannequin gave me the perfect solution to a new one I have. I love the simplicity of the stitches to create the shape. So now I know what I have will be doing today! I have dropped out ... temporarily ... from blogging but seeing you put mine in your sidebar makes me want to continue on! You sure have brightened my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kadee, it makes me so happy to see you visit my blog today. I have missed your visits and often wondered how you were. I know life sometimes can get in the way and blogging can be very time consuming so I completely understand. I am so glad that you were inspired by my post. I too loved that mannequin. It certainly caught my attention. And I do want to see what you create sweet friend. You have always inspired me with your beautiful creations. And you have also touched my heart today. Please stop by more often Kadee.

      Blessings,

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Hi Janet,
    I am so envious of your visits to Glen Mills and previously New York. How I would love to visit Rachel Ashwell's shop. Maybe someday.... sigh. Your pics are so lovely and you must have had such a wonderful time. Thank you for visiting me. Enjoy the end of summer! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay amiga que viaje mas hermoso, yo donde hay almacenes asi, cambio cualquier paseo...jejejee
    What a fabulous place and I imagined you bought some lovely stuff, as you do have such great taste!
    Thanks for sharing Hermosa! Gracias por la visita, ya tengo otro post.
    Have a sweet week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Such beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet... que lugar tan lindo e inspirador.... y tu luces linda y feliz junto a tu galan! ;) Que Dios les continue bendiciendo mi amiga... te mando un beso!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's magnificent this shop with so temptations as this small armchair, this decoration. I imagine that it 's difficult not to fail in front of these objects !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally enjoyed this amazing tour!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a beautiful and inspiring place to visit! Glad you and your husband had such a nice time together! Yes, there will be time enough to catch up with blogland as the weather cools down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you 'pamper' us with your posts, dear Janet, every time I come to visit you I find things more and more ... wonderful, this place is truly stunning, lucky you to live near there and have the chance to have a 'tour' whenever you want ... and how many temptations !!
    Have a lovely weekend my sweet friend
    xo
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came in and look At every single pièce you have in THIS wonderful display how many BELONG to my Dreams ....wish I could live closet to enjoy so many beautiful things..... Thank you Janet
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet,
    I am so glad that you found me because I am enjoying your blog so much! We are fairly new to NJ and the trips you are sharing look so inviting. We must check out Terrain....beautiful!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete