A Visit to Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Store in New York

Happy Sunday friends.  I hope your weekend was fun and restful.  With perfect warm and sunny weather here in the Northeast, my husband and I decided to take a road trip to New York for a little window shopping and to spend a little time with our niece Adrianne and her husband Jimmy.

Traffic to New York was terrible.  It just seemed like everyone else had the same idea.  But it was totally worth it.  I never get tired of walking through  the streets of New York.  So much to see and great home decor stores to visit.  What would be a trip to New York without a stop to Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic store. This place is a little gem.  It is total eye candy for those that love old worn pieces with a romantic touch. You cannot help but be inspired by all the gorgeous treasures in this store.  It is calming and very welcoming.

My first sighting was this fabulous purple love seat with these vintage French Style side tables.  So elegant and a great way to make a statement.  








I love this love seat tucked away in a corner of the store.  Soft and lots of understated elegance.




Great rustic piece in a perfect shade of cream.




Look at the fabric on this chair.  It is perfection.











Vintage pieces are all over the store.  Lovely and very dainty.


I actually own this same pattern by Clarice Cliff.  I just paid a lot less for mine.



The fabric of these napkins is extremely soft.  It is like they have been around forever.



Samples of her custom fabrics.  Gorgeous but very very expensive.















I would love to own one of these.  It is the bed that we all dream about.  It is like sleeping on a cloud.



This is the fabric I fell in love with.  I have been in the hunt for fabric to sew window treatments for my reading room and I just fell head over heels when I saw this one.  Too bad it is $65.00 a yard.  Ouch...

























I hope you enjoyed the tour and thank you for dreaming with me sweet friends.  I have other New York stores to share which I will post shortly.

Wishing you all a wonderful week,

Janet

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing at ITS PARTY TIME -- this store is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my oh my, what beautiful treasures. Yes, her things are very expensive but oh so pretty. I also love the fabric that you like. It is very pricey.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely tour with us and so glad that you had a great weekend.
    Have a terrific week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit that store. I am still hoping to one day buy one of her books. When the time comes to redo our bedroom I would like to do it in her style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tour Janet. You are lucky; my husband would not want to go through home decor stores with me. Everything was lovely. I esp. like that bed; perfect for reading and napping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah.

      How sweet of you to stop by. Yes I am lucky. My husband is always such a great trooper. He never says to no when I want to drag him along on my treasure hunts. It was a fun store to visit. So many beautiful things to look at. Pricey but it is a wonderful place to get ideas.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Lovely. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello cherry Kay. I am so happy to see you around again. I have missed your visits. Thanks for visiting.

      Wishing you a lovely week,

      Janet

      Delete
  6. My dear Janet,
    how much I would have liked to be there with you, this shop is truly fascinating !
    With every post of yours you share beauty and charm, my friend, it's so precious to me the time I spend here !!
    Have a wonder-filled continuation of the week
    With love
    Dany X

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more thing, my dear, I've just seen 'My little old world' among the blog that inspire you, I'm so sincerally proud of it, believe me, I say it with all my heart, to inspire you is such a honour to me !!!
    Sending hugs ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet friend. It is truly my pleasure to share your lovely blog. It is one that delights and inspires ones imagination. I am so glad to have found your pretty page Daniela.

    Blessings and hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I would so love to visit in person - beautiful place! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts