Sunday, July 6, 2014

Touring Philadelphia

What a great fourth of July weekend it was.  The weather has been lovely and perfect for walking.  Taking a a much needed break from the party planning, gatherings and work responsibilities, my husband and I decided to spend the day touring Philadelphia's great neighborhoods and eateries. 

We began our day walking around Rittenhouse Square.  A lovely neighborhood with great parks, fabulous restaurants, outdoors markets and fashionable stores.  After a few hours of walking, we decided to grab a quick bite at Parc Brasserie, a French bistro with outside seating offering entrees such as Quiche Lorraine, Croque Madame, Tuna Carpacchio, Moules Frites and many other bistro selections.  

My husband and I decided to order the Quiche Lorraine and Macaroni Au Gratin.  Both very savory and enough to share.  Our waiter was very attentive and friendly.  Prices were very reasonable.  


































Anthropologie store in Rittenhouse Square.  One of the prettiest stores around selling clothing, accessories and housewares.  The townhouse was actually The Fell-Van Rensselaer House built in 1897 by Sarah Drexel Fell, widow of a Philadelphia coal magnate.an old mansion that was converted into a store.


























Rittenhouse Hotel














In the afternoon, we headed to The Four Seasons Hotel for afternoon tea.



Tea at the Four Seasons is served in their lounge which is very noisy for tea in my opinion.  But over all, the experience was good.  Service was excellent and the tea treats were scrumptious and of very good quality. Prices for tea were average for being The Four Seasons hotel.



We chose to have social tea because we did not want an alcoholic beverage with our tea.



My choice of tea was the Brazilian fruit blend.  Very aromatic and tasty.  I was very pleased.  My husband selected the chamomile and vanilla blend.  And he was also very happy with his choice.




Loved the small sandwiches and scones.  The lemon curd and fresh jams were delicious.
















I hope you all enjoyed this beautiful and fun fourth of July weekend.  It was certainly a very relaxing and much needed break for me.  If ever your travels bring you to the Philadelphia area, I hope you give these great places a try.

Have a wonderful week.

Hugs,

Janet 

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you had Janet. All the sights were so pretty and the food looked yummy. Tea at the Four Seasons how great is that. All the little sandwiches and dessert looked so good. Your photo's were so good and you really captured Philly. So glad that you had a wonderful time.
    Have a great week and hopefully not to stressful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tour in such amazing places! It seems that you had a very lovely day.Thanks for sharing all those beautiful photos with us.
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really did it up right! the scones look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Philly since I was a very young child, being dragged off the see the Liberty bell etc. I certainly didn't see anything like this! Thank you so much for sharing -- it makes me want to visit. (Maybe I should go on a diet first?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely day. Beautiful sights to see, and your tea looked delicious. Nice picture of you Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing us around in Philadelphia, a place I have never been and probably never wil come. So nice to be able to see so many far away places on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice tour! Everything looks lovely and the food looks delish! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your trip, my fave kind with great food and tea time. I love Phily. Thanks for sharing and for your kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking me on a virtual vacation! Love the tea. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how wonderful your weekend was, Philadelphia has to be really so much lovely !
    You look so bright, from your smile we can see your beautiful soul, my dear friend !
    I wish you a lovely day and new weekend, sweet Janet, sending love xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete