Seafood Risotto

I cannot resist a delicious risotto.  So delightful and perfect for entertaining.  It is one of my favorite dishes to cook for family and friends.  My two favorite risotto combinations are chicken with mushrooms and mixed seafood.  So creamy and decadent.

The other day I realized that I had not made one in a while.  Since my husband and I always enjoy a creamy and tasty risotto dish, I figured why not prepare a seafood combination to enjoy for our Saturday night date at home.

Do not be intimidated by the process.  It is fairly simple.  And the he reward of this creamy risotto is well worth it.

If you are a fan of seafood and cheese, then you will love this recipe.  It is packed with shrimp, scallops, squid, and lobster.  It is heaven on a plate.  

Boun Appetito!!.



As you can see from my photo, I used a combination of our favorite seafood.  Squid, scallops, shrimp and lobster but you can certainly make this dish with your own favorite seafood. 



I like to add sweet peas at the end to add a bit of color and texture.





Keep in mind that risotto must be served immediately so you can savor its rich creaminess. This recipe containing seafood is enough for two healthy portions.  Complete the meal with your favorite white wine.  

I like to prepare my own stock with the shrimp and lobster tails but you can certainly use low sodium chicken stock to prepare this dish.   Just make sure that the stock is always warm.  


Ingredients

  • 5 cups of low sodium simmering chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup of dry white wine
  • 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup of chopped leeks
  • 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
  • 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil

  • 1/2 of freshly grated Parmigiano- Reggiano

  • 1 1/2 pound of mixed seafood (shrimp, scallops, squid, lobster) Cleaned 
  • 1/4 heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted

  • Chopped fresh parsley (optional)



  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

1.  Clean and trim seafood and season with salt and pepper.


2.  Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.


3.  Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add rice, wine and saffron to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add in 1/2 cup hot broth; cook  for  2 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth mixture, 1 cup at a  time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 18 minutes total).  Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.

4.  On s separate pan, add olive oil and leeks.  Cook until tender.  Add  seafood and cook for 4 minutes or until seafood is done, stirring occasionally.   Remove from heat; stir in cream and finish with sweet peas. Sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 


Enjoy,



Janet

Comments

  1. It certainly looks delicious, Janet, and the perfect meal for a date at home with your hubby :) Enjoy and have a wonderful upcoming week.

    Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet, it looks so good. I am setting here wondering what to make for dinner. Since I live alone I usually don't cook big meals anymore - just something light. But, I sure could eat the entire meal that your prepared.
    Hope you had a special date night with your honey. Have a terrific week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I also prepare sometimes one of our favourite meals for a happy Saturdaynight together with my hubby. This looks delicious, especially with the seafood. Wish you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks utterly divine! I need to try this next time I get my hands on some fresh seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks YUMMY Janet! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love risotto, too, but haven't had this version. It looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For I have Ligurian roots, I love all seafood dishes, and your risotto really seems so yummy, Janet !
    Thank you for sharing, I'm going and try your recipe as soon as possible, maybe next Sunday ;)
    Have a lovely day, my dear friend <3
    Hugs X
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy! Perfect for a special date night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts