The New Leaf Tea Room

Hello friends.  Happy Thursday to you all.  We are still having good weather around.  They days have been sunny and warm and people seem to be in very good spirits.  It is so nice to see all the pretty gardens and neighborhood children playing in their yards.  Summer is just a happy and fun time of year.

Today, my post is about Tea Rooms.  Previously, most of my experiences with tea have been at historic hotels such as The Plaza and The St. Regis in New York City but recently, I have been looking into independently owned tea rooms.  As I have discovered, these privately owned establishments offer lots of warm hospitality, friendly service and endless old world charm.

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law Lilly and I had the pleasure of visiting the New Leaf Tea Room in Riverton, New Jersey.  A very lovely and attractive tea room located on the main street of a town which features lots of Victorian homes.

We arrived at 2:00 pm and were greeted by owner Phyllis Rodgers who promptly guided us to one of the front parlours of the Victorian Home since a private event was taken place in their main tea room area and did not want the noise of the crowd to interfere with our tea time.  We thought this to be very thoughtful and considerate on her part.  And frankly, it allowed us to have a more relaxed and private experience.

Shortly after we were seated, is when we had time to truly take in the decor and details of this pleasing and well decorated tea room. Fire places, Victorian furnishings, fine china, tapestries and crystal chandeliers adorned with glass tea cups all play part in the old world charm of this lovely tea room.

We chose to have The Queen's Tea which offered assorted tea sandwiches, scone with Devon cream and preserves, fresh fruit, miniature desserts, pot of tea and a choice of soup or house salad.  My tea of choice was the rose tea and my sister-in-law decided on the earl grey with lavender.

At first we were served our house salad, scone with Devon cream and preserves and tea.  Next came the tiered trays filled with savory and sweet fare.  A feast for the eyes and a delight for the palate.  The salad and tea sandwiches were my personal favorite but all the food was especially delicious.   A truly enjoyable experience.

Service was very attentive but not rushed.  We were allowed to relax and enjoy our afternoon tea at our own pace.  This place is cozy, comfortable and very welcoming.  It is certainly one that I highly recommend and that I will visit again.

Whether looking to celebrate one of life's milestones moments or gathering between good friends, the New Leaf Tea Room is a great place to delight on the pleasures of afternoon tea.














































Love the cute shop.  Nice selection of vintage tea cups and tea pots.






The New Leaf Tea Room
606 Main Street
Riverton, New Jersey 08077
Tel. (856) 786-0323


Thank you for visiting my sweet friends.  I love to read your lovely comments.  They always make my day.

I will keep sharing my summer outings with you all.  I hope you share some of yours too.

Fondly,

Janet


Comments

  1. Oh Janet, what a lovely tea room. The food looks wonderful and so appealing. You don't find to many tea rooms any more. We have one in Orange called Paris In A Tea Cup, which is very nice. I am so glad you and your sil had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely post.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I know, tea rooms are hard to come by these days. But there are still a few great ones around. I think I have heard of the Paris In A Cup tea room. We had an amazing time. And the food was delicious too. Thanks for stopping by to leave your kind words. It is always a pleasure.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. I have to say reading and seeing the pictures made my heart flutter. I would love to go to a tea room like that. We had one in our area, but it only lasted a year and closed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Quisiera irme a tomar te en esa hermosa teahouse, it makes you feel like in another era! Que guapa con ese sombrero tan lindo! Adorable teapots and yummy sweets...love it!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tearoom, should like to go there. The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely place to go and enjoy an afternoon tea.

    Your roses are all so beautiful in your previous post...love them all!
    It will be awhile before mine bloom.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place. I hope I get to have the privilege of going there some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing this tea room. It is very Victorian in style and colors. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovey place to have tea! A couple years back, I tried to find a tea room where I live, unfortunately, they'd all closed. :(
    Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Janet, what a lovely place to go for tea! Right up my alley! I have to hang around downtown for awhile today to wait for a ride after an appt and I think I'll sneak into our little tea room for a cuppa! tearooms are such beautiful oases of yesteryear. Your tearoom looks absolutely delightful, and the food yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks to be a lovely stop! I would love to have tea with you there!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightsome place, my dear Janet, I'm sure you've spent a lovely and unforgettable time there, actually I'd love to have had a tea with you !
    Here in Italy we haven't such tea rooms, alas !
    Sending much love and many thanks for your posts, always so interesting and filled with beauty <3
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you and your sister in law enjoyed this wonderful tea room. The photos are so beautiful of the tea rooms store front. I am glad you photographed you tea service for it looks so delicious. Hope you will share more of the tea rooms you visit and have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you shared your tea room visit posting with Tea In The Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you and your sister found a wonderful spot for tea when you tried the New Leaf Tea Room. It looks charming with its Victorian decor ... antiques and quilts ... Fun! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Janet, what a fabulous tea room. Thanks for taking me along for a peek at the beautiful rooms and the delectable food. One of these days I hope to find one of those adorable folding trays that you showed. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all meet at a tea room?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful, beautiful time you must of had! it all looks so perfect and the food so delicious looking. Thank you for sharing this tearoom!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. What sweet and kind words. It makes me so happy to read such delightful comments.

      Janet

      Delete
  17. Ah, a lovely tea room. A place for a relaxing afternoon with tea and friends. Thanks for sharing your experience there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beth,

      It was such a joy to read your lovely comment. Thanks for visiting me. I do hope you come back soon.

      Janet

      Delete
  18. Oh how delightful! Your photos are lovely! We have a group of ladies who try different tea rooms but they seem harder to find- I live in Pa so will have to see if this is drivable-Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christina,

      Thanks for coming to visit. Isn't wonderful to spend time with the ladies in these fabulous tea rooms??? Tea Time magazine just did an article on tea rooms in PA.. You should look into it. They looked like nice places to visit. But I do hope you get to visit the New Leaf Tea Room. It is certainly one that you will enjoy.

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

      Delete
  19. Pardon me while I drool on the keyboard! I just wish I were closer! What a wonderful tearoom and menu and your photos are wonderful!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. You are so funny. It would be wonderful to have tea with all my amazing blog friends. Your visit and kind words are truly appreciated.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  20. Janet, I have went to tea rooms a couple of times and it is such a fun experience! Food looks lovely and plenty of eye candy. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jann,

      Yes tea rooms are a great experience. So relaxing and lovely. It is my pleasure to join your fun party each week.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  21. Janet, your tea outing sounds just fabulous. The food and atmosphere are amazing. Love the Victorian decor and the hats! I have a teapot and matching teacup in the same pattern as those in your photo. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. I look forward to your next summer outing!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet, you must have felt so special dining at the Tea Rooms. We have one in our town and I love going there with my girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kerryanne. It was a very special day. So relaxing and comforting. We can't wait to go back again.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  23. What a beautiful, exquisite tea room - LOVE the chandelier! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts