Monday, May 26, 2014

Picnic at Washington Crossing State Park

Happy Memorial Day to you all.  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I always get excited around this time in May.  In addition to its main purpose of paying tribute to all the men and women who died while serving in our nation's service, it is the unofficial start of summer.  Family gatherings, graduations, weekend trips and picnics.  I love to spend my weekends outdoors.  Especially after the harsh and very long winter we had this year.  The only down side is the pollen.  I suffer from seasonal allergies and this year my allergies have been worst than any other year.  But believe me, that is not going to stop me from enjoying all that nature has to offer this time of year.

Yesterday, we spent the day in New Hope, Pennsylvania and in Lambertville, NJ.  Two very historic and quaint towns full of lots of unique attractions, events and site seeing.  Haven for artists and craftmen.  Tons of antiques shops, flea markets, art galleries and charming Victorian homes.

After lots of walking and a little shopping of course, we headed to gorgeous Washington Crossing State Park in Lambertville, NJ.  This is a true hidden gem in NJ with almost 4000 scenic acres right along the Delaware River.  This place is one of those truly magical places.  If you love nature and you want to visit a beautiful park, Washington Crossing State Park should be one on your list.   And with a loaded picnic basket full of various cheeses, salads, cold cuts and drinks we found ourselves the perfect spot for a leisurely afternoon picnic.  



What a perfect setting.  Nature in its glory.  Couldn't ask for anything better.



Delaware River














Great place to take an afternoon nap.




















Yes, that is me enjoying a few snacks and wonderful conversation with my hubby.







Isn't nature amazing.  Such natural beauty.

I hope you enjoyed my little outing and tour.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your thoughtful and kinds comments.  It makes me very happy to read each and everyone.

Fondly,

Janet


27 comments:

  1. Janet:
    Oh my, where do I begin? The food - let's start with that as it looks incredible and so delicious. The scenery looks fabulous. I can hardly believe those peonies that are budding there. They will be huge! This is just a darling posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernideen. Your comment made me smile today. We had the perfect setting and the perfect day. Sometimes, it is the simple things that give us the most joy.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Hi Janet,
    Your picnic is perfect! I love going on picnics and your food looks amazing! The scenery is so very picturesque. My hubby and I must do this soon. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen,

      Thank you very much. I love reading such nice compliments. I do hope that you enjoy a picnic with your hubby soon. It is so relaxing and a great way to catch up.

      Have a wonderful week,

      Janet

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous setting for a picnic! The food looks amazing and so pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch. I do appreciate your sweet words..

      Janet

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful spot for a picnic! I also like how it is not crowded! Everywhere I go here in SoCal there seems to be someone 20 feet from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angelina,

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your sweet comment. I can't deal with crowded spaces. I am always on the hunt for quiet and secluded spots and this one was perfect. I little hidden gem.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!! Your meal looks delicious and lovely and oh, what a beautiful setting!! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Nothing quite like lakeside on a lazy afternoon! Everything looks delish. Glad you had a beautiful time. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet! So nice to meet you! Thank you for your visit and kind words. Your photos make me dream and I would like have joined you in this wonderful picnic!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olympia. It is wonderful to meet you too. I love making new friends on blog land. It is great to meet so many talented and creative women. It would be my pleasure to have you join me. I am sure we would find that we have lots in common. I will be sure to keep in touch. Thank you for such a lovely comment.

      Wishing you a wonderful week,

      Janet

      Delete
  8. Dear Janet, your pictures are so relaxing, they comunicate a true and deep serenity and I'm sure this place is really amazing.
    Thank you for sharing these precious moments of your life with us, you're really a beautiful person, it's easy to understand it by everything you do and by looking into your eyes, my friend !
    Sending much love <3
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Janet, what a spot for a picnic! It is just beautiful! Your food is incredible and those kabobs and salad have my mouth watering. I love how you have served your refreshments in canning jars. Those are one of my favourite things to use. Thanks so much for sharing this delightful outing with us and it's wonderful to see a picture of you, my friend! Thank you for joining me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, my jaw just dropped when I saw the first picture. oh. my. Such a fabulous-looking picnic, with so many lovely details!! Everything looks so pretty and romantic and tasty! would you host my next picnic?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet.
    What a fabulous weekend you had, I am speechless about the location and the food.
    Thank you for showing us at Wake Up Wednsdays link party.
    Ramon
    Rowhouseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nature is amazing, and it looks like you had a fab weekend. I was mesmerized by your photos and wonderful, beautiful nature. I love being out in nature and have been working like crazy in the garden. A beautiful spot for a picnic and your food looks so good. I could see myself sitting there, but then I think you would want to be alone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my amiga! I'd love to go on a picnic with you! You make the greatest and so elegant with the great food and each thing is so lovely here...let's not mention the fabulous scenery with the river and all!...y tan romántico, bello!
    Abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Janet, what a nice weekend you had . I love your foot and The scenery looks fabulous by the river
    Have nice week!
    Blessing
    Isora
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous looking picnic- I can imagine the relaxing sounds of the river lulling me to sleep after I stuffed my face with all those goodies!
    Found you at Rooted In Thyme- new follower,
    Have a great weekend!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful place to set up a picnic. Your photos are lovely and everything looks perfect. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Your participation helps to make it extra special ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a charming picnic! The setting is delightful and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful picnic - the food looks awesome! I do appreicate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janet, Congrats! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. What a wonderful picnic at Washington Crossing State Park. It's looks like you and your hubby had a very Romantic Day! Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I wish I could join you!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photographic skills are amazing! These shots should be in a magazine! I really enjoyed the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Surjivan.com organizes the best weekend trips for those who want to enjoy their short holiday with complete entertainments and refresh totally. There are many best places to visit on a weekend Picnic Near Delhi.

    ReplyDelete