Spring Table Inspiration

Hello friends.  I hope you all had a fun and lovely weekend.  Mine, has been busy with a few projects.  I am doing a little makeover in one of our guest bedrooms so I have been sewing window treatments, changing linens and accessories and re-arranging furniture.  My husband has been painting the mirrors and small furniture in the room also.   Such a big help.  It is amazing what a little paint and fabric can do.  The walls in the room have been painted a creamy white.  There is such a lightness to the room now.  I am very pleased. It is turning out beautifully.  But on to my actual post now.

It has been a while since I purchased a complete dinnerware set.  I always prefer to buy open stock plates and mismatched china because it gives a table a very unique and individual look.  But it is also an added bonus to own a good set of plain white dishes that you can dress up when setting a special table.  So when my husband gave me a set of Mikasa Antique White dishes for Christmas, I was like a kid in a candy store/ These plates are beautiful on their own.  And when artfully set, they are spectacular.  My next two tablescapes will feature these basic creamy white dishes which I will use to create two different looks.

I always try to think of my guests and the meal that will be served when creating a table.  For me, it is always part of the fun.  And since I wanted to join the Mega Spring Linky Party over at Stonegable, I took inspiration from springs pastel colors.  For this table, I used a plain white tablecloth, Mikasa Antique White plates and pale greenish blue polka dot salad plates which I found at Home Goods last summer.  Mikasa goblets, Oneida vintage silverplate flatware and fresh hydrangeas complete the look.  I also used a linen table napkin on the center of the table to give it a bit of soft color.  It is all about layering.




A combination of white and pink dinner napkins dressed with a delicate rose napkin ring add a bit of romance and charm.  For a special touch, I placed a small white bird figurine on the salad plate and added a tiny dry rose in a pink shade.  Such a  lovely touch.


























Aside from white dishes being a great basic to invest in, it is also great idea to build a collection of open stock or mismatched china because it allows us to express our own unique sense of style and to set a seasonal table.  Flea markets and thrift shops are great places to find those unique vintage pieces.

Do make your table pretty.  Do not wait for a holiday or the right occasion to set a table.  The special occasion is today and every day.

Here is a bit of more inspiration for holiday tables and dinner party prep from One Kings Lane which just released their new Dinner Party Prep Guide.  I am not being compensated or affiliated with One Kings Lane. Just sharing their tips and inspiration.



Have a great week.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,

Janet

Comments

  1. Beautiful, this is such a lovely tablescape. I love the soft colors. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table and dinnerware looks so pretty. Very spring. Can't wait to see what your guest room looks like. I have been doing alittle decorating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape is stunning - such soft colors and so Spring. Looking forward to seeing your guest room.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tablecape! Love all the soft colors. You're right, I love collecting mismatched dishes and teacups, they can make a pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet,
    Your table is very pretty,
    I love the flat blue with polka dots and flowers
    with the same hue, is coming off
    a very romantic table.
    Love Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, Janet. The little touches of blue and rose are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely your table Janet, with a so romantic Spring touch ..
    I'd love to be a guest of yours, such sweetness and beauty really bring joy to the soul !
    Wishing you a very beautiful week xxoo
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love the accent colors you used with your beautiful white dinner plates! Your table looks so pretty...so inviting with your lovely personal touches!!
    Thank you for your very sweet visit,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Word, this table for Spring is absolutelly gorgeous with the Spring details and those adorable polka dot plates! I will be praying for you my sweet friend and will make a special prayer for you and specially your husband. God will help you amiguita querida!
    Muchas bendiciones!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dishes....such a beautiful table:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful spring table you have designed. I am so looking forward to watching all the flowers grow in the garden (that is if we ever get rid of all the snow we have on the ground in the Northeast).
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this table, so soft and pretty and spring-like. The blue plates are adorable. I love polka dots, and that shade of blue. the little birds are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous table setting! Love all the soft pretty colors. Wishing you a happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Janet, your tea table is very charming today. The colors are so cheery!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet the colors are st enchanting live them together what a great combo love love love the napkins so pretty.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This just says spring!! Perfectly done...Love it all I would love it if you would come join us for Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and share your creativity with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/03/centerpiece-wednesday-115-see-and-share.html Hope you will come and party with us.
    Karin 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely table. Happy Spring to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh My Goodness! Those polka dot plates are wonderful! I love them! :) This is such a pretty table. I just love everything about it! :)
    Thank you for joining in for FCF! :)
    I'm so glad you did!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. The polka dot plates are outstanding. I think that this is my favorite of all your table settings to date. It truly does sing of Spring. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Cherry Kay. That is a great compliment. You are one of my favorite and your recognition means a great deal to me. Thank you for such kind words.

      Janet

      Delete
  20. I just love this table setting. Those polka dot plates are adorable! Love the little birds and roses and the whole color scheme. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely tablescape! I love the polka dotted plates and the little roses -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The polka dot plates are so cute, and I love how they compliment the pretty hydrangeas. I love hydrangeas! The napkin rings are making me smile, too.

    Linking from Rose Vignettes,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  23. another gorgeous table my friend. I ♥ the polka dot plates!!! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine. You are so sweet. I do appreciate your sweet comment. It is my pleasure to join your fun party each week. See you soon.

      Janet

      Delete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous spring tea - just adore your polka dot plates! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy. I do love those cute polka dot plates. They were a great find. I love to join your beautiful party each week. Your blog is such a pleasure to visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  25. Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and your kind comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  26. I highlighted this post tonight on Centerpiece Wednesday!!
    Karin
    Www.thestylesisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the plates and your table!!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful and inviting tablescape. Thanks for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful tablescape, and your plates are lovey. The polka dot dishes are to die for. Your tablescape looks like Spring. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this spring time table setting! The polka dot dishes caught my eye, and then I noticed the silverware and everything else. Love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your table is beautiful! I love the colors, they are so soft and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Janet,
    blue is my favorite color! Your table decorations are designed so loving and pretty. Beautiful!
    Nice that i have found you in this way. And thanksfor your nice comment
    Dearest greetings
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts