Gender Reveal Party

Have you heard of a Gender Reveal Party before???  I know I had not until my niece Daniella asked me to plan a reveal party for her.  This seems to be the latest trend these days.  It is a party planned by the parents-to-be in which they learn their baby's sex by cutting into a cake.  The color inside the cake reveals the gender of the baby and the couple shares the news with family and close friends.

The way it works, parents-to-be have a technician write the child's sex on a piece of paper that is placed in an envelope then it is dropped off at a bakery where a cake is baked in the appropriate color and covered in icing to hide the news.  Do you get it??  I am still debating on this one.

Here are a few shots that I took when I was setting the tables.  Things got very busy shortly after that..









Beautiful and delicate cookies baked by my sweet sister-in-law Lilly.  Aren't they the cuttest??






Love these small milk bottles.  I just added ribbon and these cute scrapbook stickers in pink and blue.



Embellished mason jars ready for lemonade.



Creating the scene.  These shots are from when I started setting the tables.   Not fully complete but it gives you a little peek of the setting.  I went for a vintage country theme.  



Here is the young couple cutting into the cake to reveal the baby's gender.




It's a boy.




A few of the sweets treats I baked for the party.




Me and my sister-in-law Lilly taking a little break from all the work to enjoy the party.  She is the best assistant to have.   Thank you Lilly, you are the best.


Have a great week sweet friends.

Hugs,

Janet

Comments

  1. Oh what a fun party and telling everyone what sex the baby is. Everything looks so pretty and you did an amazing job on the decorations.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this, I thought...what next?? LOL! But then after reading about it and seeing the cute party, etc., I thought, why not? (*_*) So many of the old traditions just seem OLD to me and this is kind of a neat idea. Congrats to the happy couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I still didn't know this kind of party, in Italy it's unknown by the moment, but I assure you that I really like it a lot Janet, I think it's very funny and witty!
    I wonder how much you enjoyed preparing it, especially working with your precious sister-in-law :)
    A very big hug and congratulations to you both, happy day ! xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, but not until my nephew and his wife did one for their little girl a year ago. Love all your goodies! Congratulations on the baby Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These parties have become quite the thing around here. I must say your party, by FAR, is the prettiest!!! Everything from the sweet cookies, cakes and tarts to the table service (those jars and like bottles are so CUTE!) to the decorations - even those framed pieces of fabric!!! What a special day and special memories. Congratulations to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister had a party, much like yours, a while ago....it is the sweetest idea! Everything was just so adorable. Congrats to your niece and her husband on their expected arrival1

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a beautiful job planning a gorgeous shower for your niece! I just did a post this morning about blue and pink being fairly "new" as boy/girl colors (scroll to the end). I love those Mason jars with the striped straws, and the cute little milk bottles! congratulations to your niece and her husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of that, but it sounds like a wonderful party. Your party looks so beautiful and congrats to the parents to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How unique,a lovely way to find out. Your decorations and table looked gorgeous. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great party ideas. Thanks for sharing. I have 2 baby showers to give in May. One is a girl & the other is unknown. This gives me the start I need. Blessings to the new parents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great party ideas. Thanks for sharing. I have 2 baby showers to give in May. One is a girl & the other is unknown. This gives me the start I need. Blessings to the new parents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the decorations looks so beautiful. You did amazing job. Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Margaret
    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun party to plan and host...everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet,
    What a fun party and beautiful settings. Everything was done with such care and love, so special with wonderful memories! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Janet:
    Love your post. And, as your sister in law, I just love to be able to share special moments with you! Thanks for your kind words, I truly enjoy getting to work on special projects with you. You are so detail oriented, and make each activity unique!
    Best wishes with all your future endeavors.
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts