Thursday, February 20, 2014

Celebrating Femininity

It is not often that I get to spend a day with my lovely niece Daniella.  In fact, it was been a few months since we last saw each other.  And to tell you the truth, I consider her more of a daughter.  She is very special to me and my hubby so when she telephoned to say that she was going to spend the night, you can just imagine the excitement and joy that I felt.  

Wanting to make her visit extra special, I immediately went to work.  And in all honesty, I cannot resist the opportunity to create a beautiful table.  And since it is still February, I am still in an ultraromantic frame of mine.




My inspiration for this table was this pretty floral china purchased from a local thrift shop last year.  A rose garden on a plate.  So delicate and feminine.  I do not know the maker of this china.  There were no markings on any of the pieces.   The second source of inspiration was this lovely pink and cream table topper above.  I do love pink and delicate fabrics.






Delicate crystal, roses, pearls and vintage china are just part of the appeal.



Come and join us.



Graceful and and timeless.









Quiet Color.









Isn't this the sweetest little creamer??



Equally appealing are these glass salt and pepper cellars.






There are times when simplicity is wonderful, but there are also times when our hearts yearn for roses by the dozen.  For me, that is the majority of the time.

My niece loved the table.  But more importantly, we had an amazing time together.  Add to that great conversation, plenty of laughs, delicious meals and you have a truly priceless and especially wonderful.

Thanks for coming to visit.  I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.

Fondly,

Janet





















25 comments:

  1. I love the pink and aqua together. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your sweet words are appreciated.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. The blue teacup is so pretty.
    Your niece will be delighted that you are honouring her in this way. It is a beautiful gift!
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your sweet words. It is truly appreciated.
      Have a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful table. What an ornate charger too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernideen. Your words are always appreciated. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. That is such a beautiful table. My Granddaughter would have loved it too, she is a very pink girl. It is nice to have special times with our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastel's are my favorites. I love your table, it is so pretty. That creamer is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    It is so pretty! I LOVE your goblets! So elegant. I love dressing up the table for a luncheon or dinner. even breakfast!LOL
    I NEED a few new dishes....(hahaha!), I have a specific pattern if mind of course!
    Hugs to you!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mom E,

      What a sweet surprise. Your comment made me smile. I love dressing my table everyday too. There is nothing wrong with that. The goblets are Mikasa. There are my favorite. What pattern are you thinking on getting??? I am sure is going to be a beautiful one.

      Thanks so much for visiting. Please come back soon.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  7. This is all so beautiful! I love all of it! So feminine and pretty. Hope you and your niece had a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful tablescape - so feminine. I know your niece felt very special and had a great time with you and your husband.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always leaving me such lovely words. I do appreciate your visits. Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  9. So delicate and elegant!! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the patterns mixed together and the pearl napkin rings (want!). So pretty, I would love to come, thank you :) Have a great weekend! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have two bowls with that pattern I believe.. and Im not sure either.. I will have to check but at any rate a beautiful setting glad you and your niece had a wonderful time.. Happy Sunday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Hello Shauna. How sweet of you to stop by. I do appreciate your kind words. I do hope that you come back to visit again.

      Janet

      Delete
  13. You created an elegant table for your niece's visit, who could resist such a feminine tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judith. I do appreciate your visit and your sweet words.

      Delete
  14. Just lovely. Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a joy it must have been to sit at such a beautiful laid table Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table is beautiful, Janet. I love the table covering and the lace. The creamer is adorable! I'm sure your niece loved it. Thanks for sharing with us and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Janet,
    What a treat to see your niece! You did a splendid job on your tablescape. It really is very romantic. The roses on the china are so lovely. Everything looks great. I am sure your niece appreciate the time you take to share beauty with her.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete