Cozy Spot For A Snowy Day

I have been thinking about you all this week.  How are you handling these extreme temperatures and snow. The winter storm that dumped a foot of snow earlier this week left a trail of bitter cold that lingered through the weekend.  Oh it sure has been a blue January.

But not to worry.  I always find a way to brighten up my days.  A cozy spot where I can nap, read a little and enjoy a little coffee or tea will do the trick today.




This spot is what I call my reading room.  It has lots of natural light, warm tones, vintage decor, painted furniture and a big comfy chair.   This is truly my own private space.  It is filled with all the things that I love.  Do you have a place of your own???  A little hideaway???





Love to have lots of candles in a room.  This elegant brass candelabra has been in my collection for over twenty years.  It is one of my favorite pieces. 








Homer Laughlin Eggshell china.  Truly classic.




More brass candelabras.  This is a set of two.  Lovely cherubs and a flower arrangement that I made many years ago. 








Perfect spot for tea and a little treat.








I love this shot.  So romantic.




Love the detail on this table topper.  





I am always guaranteed to be creatively refreshed after an afternoon in my favorite spot.  I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  Keep warm and safe my lovely friends.

Thank you for stopping by.  I do appreciate your time and your sweet comments.


Fondly,

Janet



Comments

  1. What lovely photos - looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've visit your blog often but don't know if I've ever commented before. I so enjoy your posts and your pictures are just lovely...it brings beauty and graciousness to all who read your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello new friend. Your comment truly made my day. Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoy what I post on my blog. Come back to visit soon.

      Fondly,

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Oh your spot is so cozy and relaxing. I love spaces like that. i have a space like that on the patio and I will go out just to get warm. Since our weather has been in 70 - 80's for the last 3 weeks. I also have a love seat in my bedroom that i like also. Your pictures are so lovely and inviting.
    Stay warm and hopefully you will soon have some warmer weather.
    Have a terrific week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cozy and snug retreat in our home is my living room where I can enjoy the fire in the woodstove, the light from the window, and so many more things a cozy home has to offer, along with a good book and cuppa !

    Lovely post. Makes me want to go read a book now , even though it is early a.m. here and I should be in bed instead of reading blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures and restful colors. I love a cozy spot, too, with candles and books and tea. Nothing better in this cold weather. Your candelabra is gorgeous and so is the floral arrangement you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post amiga preciosa! Gracias por el lindo y cariñoso comentario sobre mi chiquita Cayetana! I love your pretty dishes and yes, your linens are lovely too. Wish I had some tea with you. Have a wonderful week ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cozy and comforting!
    Thank you for sharing
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful spot for tea...love your cups!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh what a nice spot! It is restful and romantic. I ike your candelabra, the woman's bust, tray and tea set. The floral arrangement ties the romantic look in! My office is my domain! Not so romantic but I do feel I've gotten away from everything when I'm in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is one sensational place to unwind and relax and do anything your heart desires! I'm crazy about teacups, the roses, pearls, each photograph is truly heartwarming. So very happy I found your blog. I love beautiful things!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post today. Homer Laughlin has a soft spot in my heart. My mother's dishes are Homer Laughlin. I think they are beautiful. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Janet,
    This is a lovely spot for tea and some reading! The warm tones and candle light really do make it cozy for wintery days like today. HL is always a lovely choice for china. Your tea cups are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfectly lovely spot- beautiful teacups and dreamy books-
    I feel more relaxed just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a beautiful, reading room. I love the warm whites. It has a romantic feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what gorgeous pics and it looks so inviting. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why you love this spot, cozy indeed! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is the perfect spot for tea!!!! Love this . Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop. Big Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janet. That is a lovely spot . I think I'll pop by for a visit and a cup of tea in those pretty teacups! Maybe you can visit me too. I always have the kettle on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have enjoyed browsing your lovely blog! I pinned several pretties!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. An truly cozy spot for tea! Loving your beautiful bust! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely spot! I love curling up with a good magazine and watching the snow fly! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts