Friday, October 18, 2013

Feminine Afternoon Tea

Hello friends.  Happy Friday to you all.  What have you been up to??  Busy days ahead for me..  Getting ready for our niece's wedding in Puerto Rico next month.  I hope to loose a few pounds before the wedding so I have to try to stay away from baking until after the wedding in November.  I don't know how I will pull it off since I love to bake and this just heavenly weather to be in the kitchen for those delicious seasonal sweets treats.  Wish me luck girls.
 
And talking about heavenly weather, it is been just beautiful here in the East Coast.  You just can't help but make the most out of all outdoor activities since winter is sure to sneak up on us soon.  But in the meantime, I will take advance of my garden for as long as I can.
 
I created this lovely and feminine table to enjoy a little afternoon tea with a dear friend who has had little time for herself lately taking care of everyone else.  But we all know someone like that don't we...  I wanted to give her a few moments of quiet time.  Time to relax, sit back and laugh a little.  
 
So I put together this lovely setting for two busy women to enjoy a cup of tea, savor a delicious home made scone, chat a little,  and enjoy each others company.   
 
I wish you all a beautiful and lovely weekend.  Thank you for stopping by.  Your visits and comments are my reward. 

















 

 
 
 
 



















 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Lovely Tea Photo's. What a nice thing to do for a friend. I'm sure she enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and such a perfect time for the brown transferware. I love it all. You set up such lovely outdoor garden teas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea and table is just delightful, from the transferware to the tablecloth to the wonderful scone, I should be right over, it looks so inviting and I would love to be sitting there and chatting all afternoon...thanks for the invite...instead I am living with these goules...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting! Brown and white transferware is my favorite; and you have used it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I love the Delamere...such a delightful old pattern. You created a gorgeous vignette to bless a dear friend. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend should be very refreshed after some time in your garden. The setting you've prepared is gorgeous. Hope you two had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tea! Looks so elegant and delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a way to spend an afternoon.

    You're always welcome at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty, love that wonderful transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely photos Janet and who wouldn't want to sit down to an afternoon tea like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I wish I was there right now!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet,
    Your tea table is a delight and I'm sure your friend appreciated it and you very much! Love the transferware! Thank you so much for sharing this at my HOME and enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Lovely Teatime :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you website owner selling tea and other tea related products? Would you like to wholesale tea with very good price and become competitive in the market?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surely nice article. I have read it carefully and benefited from it so much. Thanks. I also like tea, but I like Oolong Tea better. I suggest you to write more about oolong tea and that will surely attract more visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just discovered your blog I LOVE IT! you're a woman after my own heart! i look forward to going through old posts

    ReplyDelete