Thursday, September 19, 2013

Summer's Last Clam Bake

Hello world.  Are you all enjoying the last few warm days of this year?  I have been trying to make the most of it for sure.  Day trips to New York, weekends at the Jersey Shore and plenty of strolls down sun-dappled streets surrounded by carefully tended lawns.  Such wonderful little escapes.
 
Last weekend, we spent it at my sister-in-laws lovely home at the Jersey Shore.  And what a fun and relaxing weekend it was.  There is no place more inviting and relaxing on a perfect late summer day.  The sky was a perfect shade of blue and the weather was delightful.  I also get the extra benefit of spending quality time with my sweet friend and partner in crime, my sister-in-law Lilly.  We are both very creative and share the same passions.  We both love to cook, entertain and above all, we truly enjoy setting a table.  And when we get together, tablecloths, dinner napkins, placemats, dinnerware and crystal are the toys are choose to play with.  We can spend ours playing around with everything and anything tabletop related.  It is funny to watch.
 
On this occasion, Lilly and I wanted to bring the beauty of the sea to the table.  From the natural beachcombing accents such as seashells, to the bold deep blue we love to see at the shore, and the bay just outside our door, all add to the allure and excitement of a classic shore clam bake.  It is a gloriously delicious, fun and colorful meal which Lilly loves to put together for family and friends during the summer months.
 
For the table setting, we started with a simple blue placemat and Lilly's Villeroy and Boch flatware, white dinnerware and glassware.  We paired it with blue glass salad plates that she found at a thrift store for a steal.  Did I mention that she is becoming a great treasure hunter too. 

Here are a few shots of our clam bake at the shore and Lilly's gorgeous home.  Thank you for visiting.  Your sweet and kind words are always appreciated.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  I am off to the San Genero Festival in New York this weekend.




















 
 
 





 
 
 

















 
 
 

 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Your table is simply beautiful, the blue and white is so refreshing and the silver touches just make it for me, not to mention the seafood, I should definitely be there eating that lobster....come for a visit,,,Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am swooning over this beautiful table. The blue is so stunning!!

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tea service! Blue is one of my favorite colors and that shade of blue is so charming. You do such a beautiful job of decorating the table. Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to say that the seafood looks yummy. I loooove seafood!!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous setting! The blue just pops; and the food looks delicious! What a wonderful way to end the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning table! I love anything cobalt.
    The steamers and mussels make my mouth water...how I love them, even more so than the lobster!
    Have a wonderful week, Janet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table! I just love the ocean! Sounds and looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. The most elegant clam bake EVER!!! Everything looks amazing. Love the ocean blue. Way to end on a high note.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete