Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lazy Afternoon

Good afternoon to you all...Oh how I love summer...And what a glorious Sunday it is.  The sun is bright with uplifting cool blue hues.  The birds are singing and the garden looks like a little outdoor paradise.  So sad to think that we are enjoying the last few warm days of summer. 
 
Weekends don't get much better than an afternoon lounging around the garden.  Taking in a bit of sun or just a napping under a tree.  And why not make your own garden the perfect hideaway.  A comfy comforter set on the grass,  a few pretty indoor pieces to create a little romance, comfy pillow, a few favorite magazines or books and some easy appetizing accompaniments.  Viola... A perfect summer day under the sun.
 
For my husband and I, I chose an easy to prepare quiche and apple tart that require minimal time in the kitchen.  (recipe below)  No time to waist in the kitchen...  Sunny days are better spent outdoors don't you think??
 
Have a fabulous Sunday and a great Labor Day.  Hugs to you all lovely friends..  Thank you for stopping by.
 
 
 
 











 
 
 














 







 
 
 
 
 









 
 




Recipe for Quick and Easy Apple Tart
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 whole sheet puffed pastry, cut in half
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 3 whole apples, cored, halved and sliced, but not peeled
  • Store-bought caramel sauce, for serving
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

 

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
 
Place the puffed pastry rectangles onto a baking pan that's been sprayed with nonstick spray or lined with parchment paper. Add the sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon juice to the apples. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
Arrange the apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. 
Remove from the pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Serve with caramel sauce and chopped walnuts or pecans.
 
 

27 comments:

  1. How great your setting is for a restful Sunday afternoon. The food looks terrific and the Apple Tart sounds so good. Will have to make it. Thanks for the recipe.
    I'm afraid it's way to hot here to go out and even sit in the shade. although I would love to. I have been in the house to many days due to the heat.
    Enjoy the rest of your day and Labor Day also.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vignettes and garden. And your food looks very yummy! Enjoy your long weekend!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden setting and that delish 'potatoe cake' (is it?), but the Apple tart is luxcious! Thank you so much for your sweet and kind visit. Enjoy LD.
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely!

    Now to me - if not too hot- you have created the most perfect way to relax in the world!

    Beautiful outdoor garden, lovely china and delicious eats. WOW, what a treat for the soul this post is, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Janet,
    You have one of my Favorite of all times china pattern, Billingsley Rose. I just have the plates but I sure love your teacups. You have made a lovely tea-picnic. The food you prepared looks de-lish! I must make that apple tart. Looks like you slaved over it.
    Happy September, Ruthie
    http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting quite hungry, looking at the appetizing dishes you've prepared and the inviting setting.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful setting! And the apple tart looks delicious.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! I wish I was there :) That quiche looks fabulous!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Goodness Janet,
    I just love those teacups. The embossing with the pink roses are so elegant. I hope that I will someday find those teacups and tea plates on one of my treasure hunts. Your treats look fabulously delicious too! Beautiful pink roses and outdoor setting! I adore it all! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful week!
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh everything is so beautiful... -happy sigh-

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi: I just love these beautiful tea cups. They are amazing. Everything looks so pretty. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tart and quiche both look incredible. I remember your blueberry tart with pineapple but haven't made it yet. I will print this recipe out as both items looks fabulous! So glad you shared at Tea In The Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have apples and -wonder of wonders - puff pastry sheets! I think can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely tea post! I think you cook very well! lol! I would love a piece of your quiche and tart...YUM!
    Your tea setting is so pretty, and those tea cups are some of my favorites that you share : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy food in a beautiful setting, what more can you ask.

    Enjoy your Autumn days.

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet,
    What a lovely outdoor tea. I do love your pretty china; especially the teacups adorned with pearls! The quiche and tart look scrumptious and I think I will have to give the tart a try. I like easy baking. Thank you for sharing your beautiful outdoor tea with us at Tea Time.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this looks just lovely! What a delightful lunch for a late summer day. Enjoy! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be right over! How lovely!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty setting! I love the china that you chose and the meal looks yummy!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! And those apple tarts look great! I found you through Make the Scene Monday! If you like to link up come over to Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!!! Love how the tart looks and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so gorgeous, sounds so perfect! This is my kind of lazy summer afternoon - with just the right company - I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just lovely!!! Your tart looks delicious and I am going to make it for the weekend. Maybe with a little ice cream. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Janet, what a beautiful setting for taking tea in the garden - it's so inviting. Such pretty china cups.
    A delightful way to relax on a warm afternoon! I can almost hear those birds too!

    Thank you for your apple tart recipe - it looks so yummy and I look forward to trying it at the weekend.

    I've never seen that magazine in New Zealand where I am - I would love to peep inside!
    Such a lovely post
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, yes! I'm going to do this! Make a lovely quiche and tart for dinner - such a gorgeous setting! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete