Alfresco Entertaining

Good afternoon and a happy day to you all.  I hope you are all having a cool and pleasant week.  It is still very hot here in Jersey.  And it has been raining almost every afternoon.  At least our grass and plants get a little help from mother nature to cool off from the heat.  But at least it is summer and I am going to enjoy it for as long as I can. 
I love open-air gatherings and if you are regular visitor on my blog you will know that I truly enjoy my garden.  It serves as such inspiration in so many ways.  And may I say I need no excuse to set a pretty and feminine table.   It is my little obsession and where I admit of being a little over the top.
So this 4th of July, which was also my sister's birthday I set the stage for a lovely alfresco dinner to celebrate her birthday.  Inspired by a set of floral dish towels that I purchased a few months ago at Ikea and vintage pink and my favorite vintage floral china.  I think the two match perfectly.  I often smile when two very different treasures seem to just find each other and create a bit of poetry.  A table dressed with lots of girly flowers in pink and fuchsia tones, pristine whites, crystal and gleaming silver.  Enchanting and captivating beauty set in a true outdoor haven for just the two of us to enjoy a great tasting meal, delicious birthday cake, lots of chat and laughs and even reminisce a little.  It was a great evening and so long over due... 
Thank you for visiting. 






























  







  




















Comments

  1. Breathtaking, true eye candy!

    I love this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dishes are stunning and work so well with your purchase from Ikea. Your right they really do work well together.
    Glad you have some sunshine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissimo!Anch'io adoro e ho le cose di Ikea!Ciao,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created a very beautiful table. Love the soft pink. Please tell a bit more about the silverware, they are gorgeous! Love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous table! So elegant and dainty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your vignettes are so gorgeous. I'm trying to learn from you and change some things around my house. I love your feminine style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. At first I thought you said you found the dishes at IKEA, but then realized it was the tea towels. I had seen the same ones and brought some home since I love pink and things like that are difficult to find for the kitchen. You've inspired me to use them to make a pretty table setting now! If those dishes would be at IKEA, I think I'd drive right back to Denver to get some today. (I just returned home yesterday). Have a great weekend.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table really is breathtaking. I'm sure your sister felt really special because of the time and energy you put into making her day special. I have one daughter and 3 boys so my decor is not nearly as feminine as I would like. This takes me back to when it was me and I could be as girly as I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just beautiful. I love the tea towels - I would never have guessed that would be what they are. How clever! The roses and pink are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend. Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo's belong in a magazine! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I always love seeing your beautiful vignettes.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love all your pinks. Oh, those dishes are gorgeous. Pillow, too. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que mesa tan hermosa... los platos, las rosas, el ambiente encantador. Gracias, por el hermoso mensaje que dejaste en mi blog... de todo corazón—un abrazo.

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  14. All so romantic and ferminine!
    I love that dishes with roses!
    Have a nice weekend darling
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Lovely table and Gorgeous pics!
    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  16. You take beautiful photos...and your tablescape is absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing it!

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful sister you are to host a garden party for your sister's birthday. Love those towels, the placemats and the way you incorporated roses everywhere! So lovely and feminine! I am sure that she had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL! Love all the pinks! Pretty plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! I LOVE all of the rosebuds, particularly on the linens.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am completely charmed by this tablescape - love the dishtowel found at IKEA - they have marvelous stuff! Your teacup and china set are beautiful - quite lovely all together! I am so delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful, romantic looking table setting Janet. I'm pleased you linked up at Shabbilicious Friday, as it's definitely 'shabbilicious'.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog is just lovely and your photos are so charming. Can you tell me who designed your site? I will be following you!

    Carol Favoritethingsdecor

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blog is just lovely and your photos are so charming. Can you tell me who designed your site? I will be following you!

    Carol Favoritethingsdecor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts