Easter at The Jersey Shore

This year we enjoyed Easter at my sister-in-law's gorgeous home at the Jersey Shore.  It was a bit of a change for me since our family gatherings and holidays are normally celebrated in my home.  But I decided to give myself a break this year and to be honest, I am glad I did.  It was a great weekend filled with fun, great conversation and most importantly, a great time with the family.  

My sister-in-law Lilly set a beautiful and elegant table and prepared some delicious and amazing meals the entire weekend.  What a fun time we had.  She is such a gracious and wonderful host.  I have learned a lot about entertaining from her. 

Here I share a few pictures of their lovely home and of the wonderful weekend we shared.


A lovely and casual elegant table set by my sister-in-law Lilly with beautiful open work linen placemats and napkins purchased in of St. Thomas a few years ago.




 Natural light fills the room in this bright and sunny spring day.



 The table runner is Venetian Lace.  How exquisite.



The dinnerware and flatware are from Villeroy and Boch.  The stemware is Mikasa.  Centerpiece was made by my sister-in-law.
































Amazing view of the bay behind the house.


















Anyone for dessert???  






Views from the house are just stunning.  The home was decorated by their daughter Adrianne who is an Interior Designer in New York.
















We even had these beautiful visitors stop by to say hello.  What a treat.





Comments

  1. Just beautiful! The tablescape is gorgeous and the table runner is exquisite, along with the place mats and napkins. The dishes are lovely too...but the food looks amazing!! Very beautiful house at the Jersey shore too. Thank you for sharing. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful setting for a lovely Easter dinner. And to have swans visit, how special is that?! Beautiful table and home, love to be a guest, trust you had a nice break. Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous table with a magnificent vista...it doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully set table. Love the table runner and linens! The view and the swan are just lovely! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty setting. I have napkins similar to those, (found at an estate sale)but no matching placemats. The table top must be impervious to heat. I'm always worried about mine, especially after having it refinished professionally after the children were grown. Nice to have a table you can set hot food on and not worry. Thanks for sharing your Easter with me. I am becoming a fanatic for tablescapes! I'm especially happy that your post utilizes the "light box" so that I can arrow through enlarged pictures, without having to click to enlarge each one. Seems so many bloggers aren't using it any more, or it's disappeared and they don't know why. I found a work around for my own blog, but I'm too computer challenged to do much more, as a newbie. Figuring things out as I move along, LOL You have a very pretty blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts