Carrot Cake Recipe


Happy Monday friends.   I hope your day began with a bright and sunny morning. Ours began with snow..  I am so over winter already.  Please send a little sunshine and warmth this way friends.

This a quick post today.  I am sharing my recipe for carrot cake.  It is one of my favorite cakes for Easter.  It has pineapple to keep it moist and delicious and the recipe is easy to follow recipe.  Enjoy and Happy Easter to you and yours....

Thank you for stopping by.



Carrot Cake Recipe


Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup chopped walnuts 

INGREDIENTS for frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1tablespoon of crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

2.In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pineapple and walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.

3.Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

4.To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, pineapple and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.  Frost the cooled cake and top with walnuts to decorate.





 

Comments

  1. Complimenti!Bellissimo blog!Sono nuova.Speriamo che con l'aiuto del traduttore capisco queste belle ricette dolci!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosetta,

      La ringrazio molto per aver visitato e la pubblicazione del commento dolce e incantevole. Sono così felice di darvi il benvenuto sul mio blog. E 'veramente un amico onore.

      Spero che verrete a trovarci spesso. Vorrei anche fare una visita al più presto.

      Avere una settimana meravigliosa.

      Delete
  2. This looks so delicious! I can hardly wait to try this. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful. I know this will become a favorite. Do enjoy.

      Delete
  3. The cake looks lovely, I copied your recipe and will make it for this weekend. Its a lovely plate your slice of cake is on too. Happy Easter, Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful. You will really enjoy this cake. It is delicious. Have a Happy Easter. Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  4. I am saving this for EAster for sure! It was very hard not to lick the screen let me tell you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny but I do know what you mean. I just had my last piece this afternoon and it was still moist and yummy. I am so excited. Please enjoy and have a great Easter with your family.

      Delete
  5. Luscious and oh-so-yummy...Oh my! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a blessed Easter.

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Your cake looks so very delicious! The pineapple sounds wonderful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I saw something the other day that showed individual carrot cakes and this sounds like the perfect recipe to try to recreate those! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love carrot cake, Janet, and yours really looks delish! I have made mine with raisins and dried cranberries but not pineapple. It would be lovely and would add such a nice flavour. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

    Happy Easter,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so good, I still haven't made a carrot cake.. just never seem to get them..the pineapple sounds good..thank you Happy Spring with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, but your cake looks absolutely delicious! I love carrot cake, but will never get it in a restaurant. I think I was spoiled when I was young with really good homemade carrot cake. Noting compares to that. But your cake here looks like it would definitely be fabulous! And what a gorgeous china plate you have chosen for it. Beautiful.
    Hugs and Happy Easter,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had the pleasure and honor of having Janet and her husband (my brother) over for Easter yesterday, and she made this delicious carrot cake! Trust me, when I say that there are not enough positive adjectives to describe the taste of it!

    It truly was an excellent complement to our Easter lunch!

    Thanks, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted first message due to typos ;-((

      Delete
  13. Seu blog é lindo! parabens!
    Vou fazer o bolo de cenoura.
    obrigada por compartilhar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a big fan of carrot cake and this one not only sounds good, but looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cake looks delicious! Just wondering if this was baked in round pans. It looks like it from the picture. If so, was the baking time different? Thanks, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diana. This particular one was baked on two round pans. The baking time is about the same 45 minutes to an hour. But it all depends on your oven too. Check it after 45 minutes. Have fun baking..

      Delete
  16. Yum! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks and sounds delicious!! I haven't made a carrot cake yet...not for sure why. My favorite cake to make is Lemonade Cake. I got it off of Pinterest last year and have made it multiple times. I can't wait to try this recipe!! Thanks :)

    regards,
    jennifer of Sandy Bridge Xeon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts