Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Little Art Tour


Happy Saturday everyone.  I truly hope that you are enjoying your weekend.  I am sorry if I have not responded to all of you who have left me a comment this week.  I have been so overwhelmed with act ivies and projects around the house.  We are working on my bathroom, not by choice actually, we had a problem with the ceiling in my bathroom and that is turning out to be a repair and remodel at the same time.  We are also remodeling our guest room.  Painting both room and existing furniture, changing linens, window treatments and accessories.   Major undertaking as many of you know, and extremely exhausting.  But I think it will all be very rewarding at the end. 
 
I will certainly share a bit of those projects in a future post.  I have not had the time to do a tablescape or vignette this week but I sharing a little tour of some very beautiful and classic works of art that I admire.  Art is so powerful and has the ability to transport us to a different place and time.  I hope that you enjoy my little art tour.  Let me know which one is your favorite.
 
Thank you for visiting and the gift of your precious time and lovely comments.



 
 Bronzino - Portrait of Eleonora di Toledo (1545)
 


 
James Jebusa Shannon (1862-1923) - Lady Marjorie Manners later marchioness of Anglesey, Wales (1883-1946) 
 
 

 
Franz Xavier Winterhalter, Madame Rimsky Korsakov, 1864



 
 Portrait of Elizabeth Drexel Lehr, as painted by Boldini. Found in the Elms in Newport, RI.
 
 

 After Antea by the painter Parmigianino. 1503


 
 The Pink Rose by Charles Lenoir
 
 
 
 
 
 François Boucher French, 1703–1770

 
 
 
 Il Bronzino - Portrait of Maria, daughter of Cosimo I de Medici ca.1550
 
 

 
 Infanta Luisa Fernanda, sister of Isabel II by José de Madrazo 19th century spanish painting
 
 

 
Portrait of a Spanish Lady - Painting by Adrien Henri Tanoux (French artist, 1865-1923) 
 
 

 
TIZIANO Vecellio Woman with a Mirror c. 1514 Oil on canvas, 93 x 76 cm Musée du Louvre, Paris 




Chrysalis by Tom Bagshaw



  
Alexandra, Princess of Wales, painted in 1864 by Franz Xavier Winterhalter



 
 
 

 
Regency Lady
 

 
Gustave Jean Jacquet
 

 
The Moonlit Beauty - James Sant 19th century
 

3 comments:

  1. My favorite has to be Francois Boucher French because my father's line has been traced back to France and the name Boucher. Who knows, this might be a long (long, long, long, long, long) distant relation. Or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet!!

    I'm sorry to hear about the extra work bathroom you have to do. Doing one total make-over and now you have another. I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you over the next week or so.

    How beautiful these painting are!! I love timed pieces and have one of the pictures (a copy, of course!! Could you imagine how much the real deal would be?) that I'm trying to figure out where to put it. It's Madame Rimsky Korsakov, 1864.

    Thank you so much for taking time to do this when you are so busy!!! I really appreciate it!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely ladies and talented artists ~

    Visiting from ISBMTF

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete