Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Birthday Celebration

Happy Sunday everyone.  I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  It is finally a beautiful sunny winter day here. I have been been enjoying the company of relatives this weekend, doing a little bit of reading and putting together a tablesetting for my birthday which is this Wednesday.  I really don't like to go out during the week because I work long hours but my hubby is planning a surprise dinner for me and so I decided to set my own birthday table because it gives me great pleasure and joy to do so.  It is girlie, romantic with lots of vintage eye candy.
Now I know we do not dine like this everyday, but it is my birthday after all and I wanted to make it extra special.  And I believe that part of sharing our tablescapes in blogger world is to create a bit of fantasy, inspire, share ideas and even create a bit of romance isn't it. 
I began with a white tablecloth, basic white plates that I used as chargers to placed my vintage Homer Laughlin Georgian Eggshell Blue dinner plates on top.   I added lots of crystal and silver plate and lots of pretty and feminine touches to make it extra special.
Thank you for stopping by and gifting me your time and leaving your lovely comments.








 









































 



 






 

 



 




20 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful happy birthday and yes - your birthday table is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant table...love the china pattern. Wishing you a very happy birthday...it is the same day as one of my best friend's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday my friend and may you have a wonderful new year of life. Your table is gorgeous and the dishes are stunning! Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow & U inspired me to make a gorgeous dinner table for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You've designed a gorgeous table. My eye kept returning to the magnificent goblets. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Janet!
    Isn't it Fun to set the table for your own "surprise birthday dinner"? (that way, everything is just as you like it! shhhhh!)
    LOVE your crystal goblets....that is one thing I don't have...I have glass, but not crystal.
    They are lovely, maybe someday I will buy a few for myself...I do have four crystalk goblets, that do not match. One I keep near my bathroom sink. It's mate is in the kitchen cupboard waiting to be used after I break the first one, which is inevitable! The other two I use to keep dried roses from my miniature rose bushes in. Three were purchased at thrift stores, and one was a purchase at a "flohmarkt" in Germany last summer that I shipped home...Love it!
    Hearts to you!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be totally thrilled to eat a hamburger or pizza here, as long as I was dining in all this splendor! Happy Birthday, and may I say that the china is just absolutely exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tablescape! Your dishes are so lovely! Very inviting! Happy birthday to you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! great idea to set your own pretty table. I love your pretty china and goblets.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you Janet
    Happy Birthday to you !!!!!
    Quelle jolie table !

    Joyeux anniversaire tous mes meilleurs voeux

    Quelle jolie blog ! C`est MAGNIFIQUE !! Et maintenant je suis voter nouveau membre et j`espère que mon blog vous allée aimer aussi !!

    Bonne semaine!!

    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table. I have some of those dishes from my grandmother. I will need to get them out and use them now. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday. What a beautiful way to celebrate.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday. I love this tablesetting. The china is gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was a good one. Your birthday table setting is beautiful! I love your H.L. china! That is a very pretty pattern.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day has been filled with much joy and that the blessings find you continually in the year to come.. You set yourself one gorgeous table.. The china and crystal are soo pretty.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your birthday table is filled with charm. Hope your birthday was too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very soft and feminine. Pretty china and I really love the stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday - hope it is a delightful one! I adore your table setting - what could be better than silver (one of my obsessions and pearls (my birth stone), except, maybe, that gorgeous china. Such a pretty shade of blue!
    I know you will enjoy eating any meal sitting at this table. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Love your china. The whole table is so feminine and I love the pearl touches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply stunning!!! Thanx for sharing your celebration with us at THT.

    ReplyDelete