This is a regular Sunday breakfast at our home. Yummy strawberry and guava stuffed French Toast. Believe me, they are delicious. This will be our breakfast this Sunday again...Oh the sacrifice.. Um, just look at that strawberry and guava cream cheese filling and the that sauce dripping on the side. YUMMY!
I know many of you will not have access to this tropical fruit called guava so just use strawberries. It is still just as yummy.
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp seedless strawberry jam
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup of guava (in can)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 10 slices your bread of preference, sliced ¾” thick
- Butter, for cooking
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tbsp seedless strawberry jam
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- To prepare the sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar, orange zest, and juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, and sugar. Place the mixture in shallow dish.
- Melt the butter on a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture and allow the bread to soak for a few seconds on each side. Cook the bread until light golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- To prepare the French toast, combine the cream cheese, strawberry jam, vanilla, strawberries and guava until fully incorporated. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the inner side of all the bread slices then put the remaining bread slices on top to create a sandwich. Drizzle a little bit of powder sugar on top of the French Toast, add a spoon full of whip cream and the strawberry sauce on top to finish. Serve warm.