New Years Eve Celebration

Happy New Year blogger friends.  it is time to say goodbye to 2012 and to welcome the year.  As we bring closure to this most difficult and testing year, I cannot help to feel thankful and fortunate for my blessings. As I sit down to write this post, I am thinking of all the significant events which took place this year.  And although I try to focus on the more positive things that occurred, it is the very unfortunate and life changing events that I remember most.  And so in welcoming of 2013, I pray for peace, tolerance and unity for all of us.  I also pray for kindness and for our families to be more connected and united.  May your homes be surrounded by love and prosperity in 2013.
Moving on to a more celebratory topic.  I am sharing our New Year's Eve table.  She is all dressed up for this evening's grand celebration with a kiss of reds, gold and even a little hint of turquoise...It is all so refreshing.  I started with My Mikasa china in the Park Lane pattern with tones of orange reds, cream and little black accents..  I really love this shade of red.  It is so flattering, especially at night, with candlelight.  Everyone looks glowing.
I used a table topper with peachy red and gold tones.  Gold scalloped chargers, napkins and napkin rings from Pier 1, Mikasa Glassware, and Oneida Silver plate flatware. Of course I had to go over the top with the accents.  I used my crystal candelabra, candle votives, roses in a vintage champagne bucket and Gold tone cherub candle holders purchased many years ago.












































Comments

  1. Janet, very pretty pics and always love me some pearls!!! Happy New Year to you, I will be looking forward to watching you in 2013!
    Warm Regards,
    Janet aka JP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous.. stunning. I love that color of red on the dishes. Your table is so elegant and outfitted to a t! Happiest of year to you! xo Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. So rich and elegant. Gorgeous tablecloth.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, This table is beautiful and the vintage champagne bucket is really special! I like the idea of the cherubs for New Year's Eve, and the red roses leave no doubt that this was a most romantic evening! Happy New Year! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty, You are bringing in the new year in a very classy setting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely table to start out the new year! It really is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely gorgeous table! I love those chargers, they got me swooning!! The double napkin is lovely, I have to do this, I love it! Wishing you a wonderful 2013! Thank you for your sweet and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love that china. Your entire table is gorgeous, but that china is divine! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty -- Love those napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful New Year's tablescape! I bet your guests felt very special sitting down at this stunning table! Im your newest follower now. I hope you come see me as will.I need to post some new Tablescapes on my blog.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning. love the details. Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again soon. I posted the new giveaway! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is beautiful as always. I love the napkin rings! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again today. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, the china is lovely!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like very old? i mean antique hehehe. reminds me of old movies

    Andre
    ________________
    25 black napkins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts