Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Morning in Provence

Hello all.  I hope it is a great weekend for all of you.  We were expecting great weather here in the East Coast but we woke up to a cloudy and gloomy morning.  Although I am thankful for the amazing temperatures we've had since yesterday, I could use a little bit of sunshine.  Not one to let something like mother nature hold me back, I decided to bring a bit of the sunshine to my table this morning. 

With my imagination on full gear, I decided to bring a little of France to my home this morning by putting together a Provencal inspired breakfast and table.  Not that I have ever been to Provence, it is on my wish list for sure, but I have seen many spectacular photographs displaying all its natural beauty, its sunshine, wines, picturesque hill towns and delicious food to give me all the inspiration that I need.  And with my large collection of cookbooks from the region, I have discovered its many authentic, simple and delicious recipes.

Since the food of Provence is best described as the "cuisines of the sun", I took that inspiration to put together today's tablescape.   It is full of beautiful yellow and red tones, sunflowers and a breakfast inspired by the well-known "Herbs De Provence" which is a blend of savory rosemary, thyme, marjoram, basil and lavender.  I also used a few  touches of a produce market as a center piece.  

The main dish here is what I call "Eggs Provence".  It is a recipe of eggs cooked on top of a sauce made up of heavy cream, a little butter, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and of course, Herbs de Provence.  A few sides such as potatoes, breakfast sausage and french bread complete the meal.








 






















 






















30 comments:

  1. What a beautifully, sunny tablesetting! Perfect for bringing a little sunshine in, on a gloomy day! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks absolutely beautiful! I can surely understand bringing some sunshine into your home these days...this darn thing called winter...sheesh! I almost feel like I am sitting in a little bistro in Provence right now! Thank you for sharing and bringing some much needed sunshine to my day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful table and lovely color palette! I really like yellow and red in the kitchen!
    Those eggs look delish too! do you have chickens?

    via SSL, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had an invite to your breakfast...it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your dishes!! So pretty. And I'm a big fan of sunflowers. Your table setting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table! I love those plates with the patterned napkins-- so cheery! That egg dish looks delish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on the East coast also, so this certainly brightened my grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table setting, I adore anything from Provence!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous table. Perfect for gray winter days.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!! I love your dishes and the awesome facts you shared about Provence. I am a huge fan of your awesome blog!! :) Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week.

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Provence, but I feel like I just had a visit through your beautiful, tablescape. Now I'm hungry for those eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet, I have been to Provence and your pretty table does remind me of the beautiful scenery and sunny skies we found there! You, your eggs look good. I hope you have the opportunity to travel to Provence someday. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful and cheerful! Love all the bright colors. I really need this after almost a whole week of gloomy weather here...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cheerful and sunny table, Janet. I love it! My youngest son spent some time in Provence last Summer; lucky ducky! He always brings me back a little momento of his travels. I would love to crawl into his suitcase and go with him. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a lovely weekend, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful sunny table to wake to...love it! Herbs de Provence is one of my favorite spice mixtures, there is so much you can use it with. Your breakfast looks delicious...what time did you say you were serving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your table full of sunshine!! The yellow plates go so well with your napkins! The egg dish looks so appealing especially since what I ate for breakfast wasn't so appealing :). Beautiful and sure to cheer anyone up. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you've hit the nail on the head . . . and those are a favorite way to fix eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always in the mood for a morning in Provence. The yellow plates and napkins are perfect for a touch of French provence. Breakfast looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty! You have totally captured a morning in Provence! Beautiful tablescape!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely way to wake up! I love the arry of glorious colors, esp. the yellow. The menu sounds grand. May I ask who made the plates? I have been looking for some great yellow dishes and these are right on the mark.
    Thanks, Di

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Janet, I love your tablescape and those plates are gorgeous! They very much remind me of the table runner I had custom made while I waited 30 minutes. I love, love, love yellow, too.
    Great tablescape...thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like I AM IN FRANCE! This is so beautiful! Please come link to "Open House".

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this cheerful sunny tablescape! Just looking at these beautiful pictures put me in a good mood! =) Thanks for sharing this and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a charming and cheerful tablescape! Thank you for the lovely inspiration.

    Jeanette @ Creating A Life

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful table setting! Thanx for partying at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. you set a beautiful table for what sounds like a spectacular breakfast, yum. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. How beautiful! I love the colors, very cheerful indeed. Are you getting the snow that we are here on LI?
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How sunningly beautiful. Do you like that word I made up? It is exactly how it looks,your beautiful table setting. Such a delicious looking breakfast too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a pretty table! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your gorgeous tablescape! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Ivy and Elephants, you are featured this week! Please feel free to grab a button.
    We love having you.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...