Monday, December 10, 2012

Silver and Blue Christmas Table Setting

Hello everyone!!  Welcome.  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Our weekend was great.  A bit busy but very productive.  I managed to complete my decorating and my husband finished the extra shelves that he has been building in our basement to make room for all my extra china and the likes.  We were really running out of space and he stepped up to the plate to help me organize my goodies.  I must say, he really did a wonderful job.  Thank God he is handy.  What a difference it has made.  I am so organized that it is scary...

Between all of the other things going on, I also managed to put together a Table Setting.  I did not want to buy anything to put this setting together.  I wanted to use items that I already had in my collection.  I used my daily dinnerware which is from Pottery Barn and added color and lots of sparkle.

I used silver, blue, cream and brown tones for this table setting with a few touches of reds and green to complete the look.  A pretty departure from the more expected holiday colors.  I started with placemats from Pottery Barn, a very inexpensive silver charger that I had from Michael's, a cream dinner plate that I bought at Home Goods a few years ago and brown salad and soup plates from Pottery Barn.  The stemware is from Mikasa in the Stephanie pattern, dinner napkins are also from Pottery Barn and the flatware is from Sur La Table.

For my centerpiece, I used a mercury Vase with a round shape found at Home Goods this season and filled it with faux and natural greenery and added a few silver ornaments for impact.  To pull the whole look together, I added a few mercury candle holders, votives, silvery pearls, additional ornaments spread around the table and a single blue and silver egg shaped ornament with each dinner napkin.  

I just love the final results.  It is festive but nontraditional.  I think it is all about expressing ourselves.  What ever your style or taste is, have fun with it.  Be adventurous with your decorating.
































































25 comments:

  1. This is just beaiutiful! I love the combination of colors, very subtle still yet very festive. Beautiful photos.
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything looks absolutely beautiful in silver and blue! You have created such a beautiful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done! It is natural but in a sparkly way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tablescape! A perfect table for the holiday season.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. It's inspiring for this gal who loves to "play tables", as my children call it!
    Jessica @ A Humble Creation

    ReplyDelete



  6. Beautiful table scape.everything matches so well.touches of green add more beauty to the table.very well done...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table! I love the icy blues and all of the shimmer. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tablescape is exquisite and all of your decor is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tablescape, the silver and blues are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lush and gorgeous!

    I've been enjoying your blog and nominated you for a Liebster Award! I don't know if you've already received one, but if not, you can read about it here: http://www.smcbydesign.com/2012/12/my-liebster-award-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet,
    Another beautiful tablescape, my friend. Such a pretty centerpiece too. I'm just stopping by to let you know that your Christmas tablescape which you posted at my HOME party last week is being featured this week. Hope you're having a lovely day. :)

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful....enjoy the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I have to admit, not only your blog is beautiful. I wish people could see beyond your tablescapes. The dedication and passion that you put into. The details of presentation, The time and vision, the perfect eye, your beautiful pictures, the simplicity but yet gorgeous tablescapes. I'm so proud of you. Love, your husband. Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

    Holly
    http://thesouthernhomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, your table is gorgeous. Love love love it. I love the blues and browns. I think your additions leave no room to not see this as a holiday table. the sparkle and shine are exquisite. Your photography skills are amazing. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! The blues and silvers are beautiful! The brown ties is into the placemats very nicely! Love the ornament on the napkins! Your centerpiece bowl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful table, love the soft blue napkins. It all came together beautifully and is just perfect for a holiday table. I love to be organized too and so glad your hubby is handy and helped you with shelving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tablescape truly is beautiful, Janet! I love the soft colours and it is nice to have something different from the usual reds and greens. Thank you for sharing this at my HOME and have a wonderful weekend.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty use of soft colors for a holiday table. Susan @ Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful...love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty and elegant! Love the softness and the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it. I am going to be featuring it tomorrow night at my Winter Blues Wednesday party (Fall into Fall). The party will be opening Wednesday at 12:01am instead of Tuesday night at 8pm EST because I am participating in the blogger day of silence tomorrow. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a very beautiful table setting! Thanx so much for sharing with us all at THT!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...