Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Home Decor 2012

I just finished my Christmas decorating around the house.  I started decorating on Friday and was finally done late last night..   It is begun...The Christmas season is here and I seem to be going non-stop these days..  Not a minute to spare.  Don't get me wrong, it is good to be busy but I just wish I had a bit more time to really enjoy the holidays.  But I did manage to spend time with family, decorate and even snap a few pictures of my decorations.

I do love the coziness and feel of my home and I do try to play of those features when I decorate.  Even my little pooch made it into the scene...
I tried to keep it simple this year since it is becoming a larger task each year.  I kept it very traditional by using warm red and green tones through out the house except in the breakfast room where I used browns and gold.  I did however keep my focus on the tree since it is the main attraction. 



































16 comments:

  1. Very pretty Janet, I love all your decorations. I am trying to be more simple also, each year I delete something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your decor is just beautiful! Love your colors! We cut back a lot this year; and I love it! I seem to be hearing that more and more this season. Your decor is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments on my decor.. I am starting to believe that less is just fine. I deleted a lot of things this year and it truly looks great.. I am glad we all agree..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tree and precious little doggie! Nice photos too. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is absolutely spectacular! WOW you should be very proud of your talent and beautiful home. That photo of cutie patootie Niki should be your Christmas card this year! How precious. So glad I stopped by, Love Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are beautiful! All you talented bloggers have decorations that looked like they are department store professional. Very talented women. I, too, downsized my decorating this year and it was much less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas decor is gorgeous - the tree just sparkles! I love the snowman! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a atreat for the eye! Your home looks so beautiful all dressed in Christmas garb. How I love all the red touches you have sprinkled throughout!
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning decor, Janet! I do believe you have Christmas magic in your finger tips! Love the picture of the snowman peeking out through the window; very cute! Your tree is gorgeous. Thank you for a beautiful post which you offered to share with all of us at HOME. Hope you have a delightful rest of the week.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! All of your Christmasing is so pretty! Your little fuzzy face is just adorable.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely Christmas tree - and really cute dog! Happy holidays.

    I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

    Happy Favorite Things Thursday!

    http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Read your worthy post and I really liked it. Your Christmas decoration is awesome. I found here some nice ideas for decorating home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  13. your home is beautiful I love it all. The photos are terrific especially the one with your little pooch :-) Thank you or sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete