Tea At The Plaza's Palm Court in New York









Have you ever wanted to experience classic Afternoon Tea in an refined and iconic setting...Whether you are looking for a special way to spend an afternoon or have a bigger celebration in mind, the Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel will not disappoint.  One of my favorite Tea Rooms in NYC.. There are several options for afternoon tea at the plaza, including The Classic, The New Yorker, Chocolate Tea (with chocolate fondue!) and Eloise Tea (particularly suited to the younger set.)

From the moment the doors opened in 1907, The Plaza became an international icon of splendor and luxury. With a heritage rich in history and history-making events, the legendary quality of The Plaza is unmatched. Over the past 100 years, The Plaza has hosted a variety of celebrated personalities, including the mischievous Eloise, George M. Cohan, Truman Capote, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and The Beatles. Long a part of Plaza tradition, the romantic and timeless Palm Court has served as a setting for scenes in many popular novels and films, most notably, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.

Carved from with in the great castle-like landmark, it’s The Plaza’s magnificent public spaces that set it apart as the quintessential grand palace of urban democracy. The authentic Palm Court has been lovingly restored to its original grandeur following a $6.5 million dollar renovation. Known as the heart and soul of The Plaza, this vast, airy landmark space remains bordered by mirrored doors, fleur-de-peche marble columns and is crowned with a domed yellow-and-green skylight. The spectacular re-creation of the Palm Court’s luminous 1,800 square foot stained-glass lay light, like The Plaza itself, continues to contribute to the life, vitality and culture of New York City.

Today, New York’s most fashionable address defines the next generation of style. The Plaza, the ultimate luxury lifestyle destination, is a cultural oasis amid a bustling metropolis. Afternoon Tea, a famous tradition at The Plaza, blends an innovative menu with a formal tea service to provide guests a balance of service and flavorful cuisine. The tea menu is under the artful guidance of Executive Chef, Willis Loughhead, and Pastry Chef, Jasmina Bojic, who have infused Afternoon Tea - a timeless classic, with a contemporary flair. A seamless fusion of traditional and modern and a passion for uncompromising service combine to create an experience that is indulgent, exquisite, and truly unforgettable.

For me, it is a yearly ritual I share with my spouse and/or my good friend Stephanie.  This year however, I will be visiting the Palm Court on my wedding anniversary which is coming up on November 25..  So I will be sure share those photos with you all.   There are other great Tea Rooms in New York which I will be sharing with you guys at a later time, but The Palm Court at the Plaza is so iconic that it should be visited at least once in a life time.  So if ever your travels bring you to New York, do put Tea at The Plaza on yout "Must Do List"..   

http://www.theplaza.com/dining/

Comments

  1. Hi: You just lived my dream. I have always wanted to have tea at the Plaza. Wow! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness - what a special treat - thanks for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's gorgeous!! I'm sure it is a very exhilarating tea experience.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I still mean to enjoy tea at the Palm Court in London, although this will do nicely as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, Wow! That is beautiful! The rooms remind me of the rooms on the James Cameron movie "Titanic". I'm afraid I wouldn't even know how to dress for a tea like that! Thanks for sharing! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. NY is my home town and I have many fond memories of the than Plaza Hotel, as we loved to go there for dinner, my dad, mom and my 2 brothers. Than later I would go with a boyfriend and friends too. Your images of the tea rooms are exquisite and stunning! Thanks for sharing and for your lovely and kind visit. Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

    What a gorgeous place!! It's so nice to have a yearly ritual that brings you back to this beautiful spot.

    The pictures are gorgeous and elegant.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very impressed for the read your post. I think is very good post & I am relay like it.

    New vitality

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts