Favorite Shoppes

The other day while getting a haircut in Philadelphia, I came across one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie.  I have been to Anthropologie many times but not to this flagship store in Rittenhouse.  Even if you do not shop here, it is a must see and you will certainly enjoy all the architectural details of this old mansion.  It is very impressive.  You must take the spiral staircase to check out the stained glass ceiling and faux fireplace.

So much to see, take a look!













I feel a kitchen cabinet re-do coming on.











Eye candy..






















Last weekend while taking a stroll in a town just a few miles from home in Haddonfield, NJ, I came across a very lovely and charming shop called Lavender Cottage.  The stylish and chic restored vintage pieces displayed in front of the store caught my eye immediately.  As I worked my way to the interior of the store, I could not help but feel that I was walking into an old french county cottage.  Everything in this place has been lovingly restored and tastefully done.  From the restored bookcases, antique beds, architectural pieces, mirrors and chandeliers, all reflect the spirit of a charming shabby chic home with an easy French Elegance.
The store has a very nice selection of vintage pieces that will be especially alluring to those that love the Romantic French Cottage splendor. 
The shop owners are the nicest people too.  They were so welcoming and friendly.  They let me take a few photographs of the shop so please enjoy.






I think this piece would be great in my bathroom...







On a recent visit to the Brandy wine Valley in PA, we visited the town of Glen Mills.  This area is full of outdoor activities.  Especially for shopping and antiquing.          
I found a very lovely antique shop called La Maison.  This charming townhouse is full of refined French furnishings and architectural pieces that give it that touch of romance.



















Another great store was Terrain.  This is a very upscale garden and lifestyle shop.  The combination of botanical fragrances, calming music, aromatic candles and flowers create a pleasing environment that help one slow down and linger.  There is plenty to see here.  And lots of vignettes that inspire ones creativity.  Here are just a few for you to enjoy.
























                                                                                                                                                           







Comments

Popular Posts