Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Antiquing




Vintage China

Yes, we love those vintage pieces that have a story to tell.  That exquisitely beautiful vintage china which evokes all the charm of a bygone era.  Here are a few examples of pieces that I have recently found.

I came across this vintage set at an antiques shop in Haddonfield, NJ.  The pieces do not show a pattern name but some of the dishes are stamped with a seal that reads Austria.  It really does not matter to me.  I just fell in love with these plates and thought it was a great purchase.  They are so dainty and beautiful.  I can't wait to use them in own of my romantic tablescapes.








Antique Garden Pieces

These vintage pieces are just lovely and full of possibilities.  They are full of beautiful details and quiet elegance.  Adding similar pieces to a garden provides warmth and soul.  






















Farmhouse Style

 





High End Antiques









 Flea Market - Antique Shop Finds

A little bistro set I found at my local antiques shop.  This is the perfect addition to my backyard.  I had a small empty space on one of the corners of my garden and this set fit right in.  A few pretty linens, my recently purchased vintage china and we are ready for afternoon tea in the garden. 






Treasure Hunting

For those of you that love to scout for treasures in and around our state like I do, I give you some of New Jersey's most popular Flea Markets and Antique Centers. Good luck with your hunt and do share your finds with me.  I would love to see your new found treasures.


Collingswood Flea Market
1350 Highway 33/34
Farmingdale
732-938-7941
Open Friday & Saturday 9am to 8 pm, Sunday 9am to 5pm
Indoor/outdoor market with more than 100 indoor and 200 outdoor booths.







Columbus Flea Market
2919 Route 206 South
Columbus, NJ
609-267-0400
Open Thursday through Sunday, year 'round.
Antiques, appliances, candy, cigars, collectibles, cosmetics, crafts, clothes, fabrics, fish, food, furniture, hair cuts, hardware, house wares, jewelry, linens, mattresses, musical instruments, pets, plants, produce, sheds, shoes, stationery, toys, tools, videos, wallpaper, and more.







Dover Flea Market Blackwell Street
Dover
973-989-7870
Open Sundays, April Through December, 9am to 4pm
Located in historic downtown Dover and spread out over 12 city blocks. Conveniently located close to public transportation, food, and a nearby indoor antique center.







Englishtown Auction
90 Wilson Ave.
Englishtown, NJ
732-446-9644
Open Saturday & Sunday, 8am to 4pm
Covers 40 acres of indoor & outdoor booths







Golden Nugget Antique & Collectible Flea Market
Route 29
Lambertville, NJ
609-397-0811
Open Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday, 6am to 4pm
200 dealers, 250 booths, lots of artists and unusual stuff.







Meadowlands Flea Market
Giants Stadium
Parking lot 17
East Rutherford, NJ
201-935-5474
Open Saturdays, 9 am to 5 pm, year round
Over 400 dealers.







Neshanic Flea Market
100 Elm Street
Neshanic Station
908-369-3660
Open every Sunday, weather permitting, 6:30 am to 1 pm. Plenty of perking







New Eqypt Flea Market Village
933 Rt 537
New Egypt, NJ
609-758-2082
Open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, 7am to 2pm, Rain or Shine.
It has over forty climate-controlled historic buildings (shops) some of which are original WWII Barracks brought here from Fort Dix in the early 1970's. , This is an old-time country Market with books, antiques, collectibles, furniture, gift ware, music, electronics, toys, clothing, hardware, household items, tools, bicycles, lawn equipment, jewelry, coin and gold exchange, etc.







New Meadowlands Market
102 Route 120
East Rutherford, NJ
973-450-1073 or 1082
Open Saturdays, special event days, and holidays, 8am to 4pm
The market features many unique items including fresh produce, carnival food, free entertainment and games. Admission and parking are free.







William Spencer Flea Market
118 Creek Road
Rancocas Woods, NJ
609-235-1830
Market open March-December, on the e 2nd Sunday - Hours 9am-5pm. Ample parking. Over 150 dealers. Wide range of goods, collectibles, glassware, silver, antiques, advertising items, paper goods, coins, primitives. Quality oriented market. No new merchandise. Snack bar, rest rooms.







Burlington Antiques and Art Emporium
424 High Street
Burlington, NJ 08016
609-747-8333
Open every day 11 am - 5 pm
There are 65 individual antique dealers.  You will find furniture, paintings, china, depression glass, kitchenware, glass jewelry and more.
 





Columbus Antiques Mall
2885 US Route 206
Columbus, NJ 08022
609-267-2212
Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays only.  10:00 am to 5:00 pm.  Ample Parking.  Wide range of goods, glassware, silver, china, paintings, furniture.




Mountainhome Antiques
Rt. 390
Cresco, PA 18326
570-5958581

This was a little gem I found near the Pocono Area last weekend. It is an old fashion shop offering everything from architectural pieces, wrought iron fences, china, glass, art and much more. I found some great items here such as this silverplate ice bucket below. The best part was meeting and chatting with Marge, one of the shop owners. She was so helpful and sweet. She even posed for a picture for my blog.



  








6 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    I want to thank you for stopping in at my tablescapes, and becoming a follower so sweet of you. You have a lovely blog sweet lady, It would be nice if you had a button.I could put it on my blog and tell my friends about your blog.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    I am back. I will put "Rosemary and Thyme " on my Tablescape. I hope this will help you with comments.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    I have you on my tablescapes now..come see.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. Your blog is pretty impressive. I love your ideas and creativity too. I am new at this so I am learning my way around the blogging world. I am not familiar with creating buttons yet but I will try to learn how to soon. Again, thank you for visiting my blog and spreading the word. I need followers...

      Delete
  4. Hi my name is Sue just wanted to stop in and tell you I love your blog..I am a good friend of Diane above helped her start blogging now she is a blogging queen and I don't always have time anymore since I work full time and then some! I enjoyed your antique finds my passion... hope you will come visit my blog although I haven't posted recently still lots to see...Keep up the good work and I will be back to see your posts soon...xoxo Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete